Honda Fury Forums: banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a FYI every so called Private message you send is looked at by the Mod's and admin. was told that by a Mod. so just get E-Mail and do your buiss. that way hope this doe's not get deleted it would be terrible to keep this from the great people of this forum. !!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Hope this is NOT true. Moderators, can you please either verify or deny this? Although I have nothing to hide in my PM's to other members, I did think the word private meant just that............

·
Registered
491 Posts
Whoa! I hope this is not true as well, because they can no longer be called Private Messages, (PM's) but perhaps (MM's) "Moderated Messages"

·
Registered
491 Posts
Just a FYI every so called Private message you send is looked at by the Mod's and admin. was told that by a Mod. so just get E-Mail and do your buiss. that way hope this doe's not get deleted it would be terrible to keep this from the great people of this forum. !!
big problem with censorship!/ big brother, if this is true I'm outta here!
Vote Republican and stop the bleeding.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
yea! Not good at all! I will give them a chance to answer the question.
Why P.M then? Just put it all in the open like it should be!
I would guess the longer they don't respond to this then the more right you are!
BUT! If this is true then at least have the balls to tell us which MOD told you this!
That is what they are waiting for! They will not respond without you telling us who!
This doesn't mean SHIT WITHOUT IT!!!!!!
WHY? Because why would a Mod screw himself? Not like your going to get kicked off the forum! So who is it!?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
This is really pissin me off!
Bottom line! You don't tell us who told you this you got NOTHIN!!! SO let's hear it!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
This is really pissin me off!
Bottom line! You don't tell us who told you this you got NOTHIN!!! SO let's hear it!
Ask him in a P.M.!!

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I am sure they have the capability to look at a P.M. but I don't think each and every pm crosses their desk per say. And if you actually think that there is anything actually private anymore :eek:

·
Registered
330 Posts
If there is any truth to this statement, I believe it could open them up to legal action. P.M. is an area where privacy is expected and any actions taken by this forum based on information gathered from P.M.s would be information not legally aquired. Not a lawyer, but seems the same as wire tapping. I also have received what I consider spam from Admin, when they are advertising in P.M.s. I belong to 3 other Forums and none of these practices are in place and if they where they would lose membership quickly; I believe the same would hold true here. Even it is denied it would be difficult to trust 100% it was the truth.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I believe they probably have a way to access them, but I seriously doubt they are looking at every pm that gets sent, that alone would be a full time job for someone.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Gentlemen;

On the Internet today, you can have no REAL expectation of absolute privacy, even with 10-base encription. I would EXPECT that the Admin's and Mod's ROUTINELY scan the PM's, looking for anything criminal, illegal, etc. Just my two-bits..............

Cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
Whether or not Moderators can view others' PM's depends upon what privileges they have been granted...guarantee that admins can though. I operate my own web site, and can, if I so choose, view PM's. Fortunately for me, PM's are not enabled on my forums...I encourage my members to use email for private conversations. PM's are persisted in the same database as all other content for the site, usually in plain text...anyone with access to the database can see the private messages.

·
Premium Member
1,007 Posts
Uh, who cares! All PMs do is make it easy to send a message to a particular member.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Complete And Utter Bull Shit.
The MODs Do Not Have, Nor Have They Been Granted That Capability. Nor Do They Have The Time To Babysit This Bull Shit Post.

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
The only PM’s that we see are the ones that you members forward to us. “Bandit” (aka “Sea Dawg”) has been sending harassing/intimidating PM’s to some of the new members. Some of these messages have been forwarded to me by the members wanting to know why they are being attacked and if there is anything we can do. This Forum is not going to be a place of intimidation and personal attacks. Give a person enough rope and they will eventually hang themselves.

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Heres the skinny, from someone who helps run a website dedicated to Scions. I am an Admin, and yes if i so choose i can look at everything that "crosses the desk" in my website, including Private Messages. Do i? No. Have i? No. Do i know other Admins who have, yes. Its a tool that we can use to secure the site against sh*t that we deem unnecessary. This may happen once a year, if that.

Now do we allow the Moderators to access that information? No. Can we allow them to? Yes.

I cant speak for anyone here, but as mentioned above, this is the internet and there are key words that will not only set off alarms here on this forum, but out in cyber land as well. Dont believe me, start typing some crazy sh*t that the common idiot would type including our nations security. ITS THE INTERNET PEOPLE, NOTHING IS PRIVATE.

If you want a conversation to be private, walk up to the person you want to talk to and wisper in thier ear.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
The only PM’s that we see are the ones that you members forward to us. “Bandit” (aka “Sea Dawg”) has been sending harassing/intimidating PM’s to some of the new members. Some of these messages have been forwarded to me by the members wanting to know why they are being attacked and if there is anything we can do. This Forum is not going to be a place of intimidation and personal attacks. Give a person enough rope and they will eventually hang themselves.
This definately seems reasonable.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.