Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it might be interesting to have a thread reviewing problems with the Fury that we have encountered over the first year....to see how Honda's engineering and production of this bike has stood the test of time thusfar.

If I'm not mistaken, Indigestions problem was the most serious, was it not?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
I seen a couple people had hard start issues when hot, don't know if that qualifies as a problem tho

·
Registered
889 Posts
terrible fuel economy considering the potential of the motor and fuel injection setup.

·
Registered
12,354 Posts
I seen a couple people had hard start issues when hot, don't know if that qualifies as a problem tho
Mine acts like it doesn't want to start sometimes when it's hot, but it has always went ahead and started and hasn't left me stranded.

It actually choked and backfired up in the engine one time. That was weird, but it ran fine after that and hasn't done it since. Who knows...maybe some one time glitch?

Other than that, I've had this bike a year and no real problems. Taking her in for her third oil change at a little over 8,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
i cant stop spending money on it... although if you ask me its not a problem, my wife sees it differently!

in all seriousness occasionally my starter doesnt seem to have enough power to turn the engine. like it gets stuck. so then i have to just let go and push it again and it works fine. not sure whats up with that.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
My Honda Fury has been perfect.
I have had a problem on 3 separate occasions with after market parts fitting right.

Holes in C&C seat were out of line.
Throttle body cover was to big and it had to be bent to fit.
Straps were to short on swing arm bag and new holes had to be made in the bag to fit.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Mine is in the shop right now,has been for the past 2 days.They can't figure out whats wrong with it.I will be riding along and the bike loses throttle response.I thought maybe it was bad gas but it has done this three times in the last month or so and this is the second time its been in the shop.Will a fuel pump just die or will it go bad over time? Thats what im thinking it could be.But Honda says they have had no issues with the fuel pump???:mad:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Installing the L&M intake adapter..The bolt on the bottom felt like it was gonna snap taking it out, and putting it in.

Ran a tap down the hole, and all is now well.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Mine is in the shop right now,has been for the past 2 days.They can't figure out whats wrong with it.I will be riding along and the bike loses throttle response.I thought maybe it was bad gas but it has done this three times in the last month or so and this is the second time its been in the shop.Will a fuel pump just die or will it go bad over time? Thats what im thinking it could be.But Honda says they have had no issues with the fuel pump???:mad:

Indigestion recently had his fuel pump fail.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I absolutely LOVE my bike!!! Installing Cobra Swepts limited me on lowering the bike, but that is my issue. It is sometimes cold natured.
I have no complaints....as long as MY fuel pump doesn't go out! LOL!

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
I have had the starter turn slow , seems like battery but always starts . The right fork seal leaking a little . Thats it .

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
The battery seems to be the most problematic. I am getting ready to replace mine already.

·
Registered
108 Posts
The battery seems to be the most problematic. I am getting ready to replace mine already.
Have had absolutely no problems with my Honda. It is my first honda; now only 1800 miles though.

In my experience with Triumphs, Yamahas, Suzukis, Harleys..... I've been lucky to have any battery of any type last for more than a year. Have to wait to see if this one lasts past next July.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I hated that bolt that attaches the stock air cleaner on the most, the one on the bottom... freagin bolt.... laskdfasdfal;sdjgl;asfjgh :mad:

·
Registered
889 Posts
I hated that bolt that attaches the stock air cleaner on the most, the one on the bottom... freagin bolt.... laskdfasdfal;sdjgl;asfjgh :mad:
tell us how you really feel....:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just started having a problem when down-shifting. It just seems to not want to down-shift into a lower gear when coming to a stop from 5th gear. I'll start slowing down, down-shift to 4th, continue slowing down, down-shift to third and nothing. Try again and nothing. I end up having to up shift back to 5th and then go back down the gears to first. Sometimes it does it from third to second.

Doesn't do it all the time, but has a few in the last couple of days.

This is my first motorcycle so I have no idea what is going on. I think I may take it into the shop. What do you more experienced guys think?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts