Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the rear wheel now i can put the 240 tire on and install on bike !!! progress getting there day by day !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
this is the rear wheel now i can put the 240 tire on and install on bike !!! progress getting there day by day !
Cool, let me know how it turns out...

Sent mine off to Stump to get it widened to 8.5" and the middle crap cut out of there and chromed...

Going to start working on the other aspects here shortly.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Did you do your swing ARM ?
Getting there shortly, might have found a friend that has a welder for me...

Working on clearance issues with the frame at the moment, I know how wide to make the cutting, but I might have run into a snag... will post in a month or two about it.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting there shortly, might have found a friend that has a welder for me...

Working on clearance issues with the frame at the moment, I know how wide to make the cutting, but I might have run into a snag... will post in a month or two about it.
in the sub frame area ???

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
in the sub frame area ???
Yea, towards the rear it becomes a little less wide than I had thought... will have to figure out where the tire is going to hit before I proceed, hopefully forward of that.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, towards the rear it becomes a little less wide than I had thought... will have to figure out where the tire is going to hit before I proceed, hopefully forward of that.
I thought about that and if I were going that route I would try to trim the inner part of the sub frame .

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I thought about that and if I were going that route I would try to trim the inner part of the sub frame .
Have to actually widen it by .47" on the left and by .6" on the right... then either make another plate for the seat mounting holes or make some mini pieces to fill in the gaps after cutting them.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Have to actually widen it by .47" on the left and by .6" on the right... then either make another plate for the seat mounting holes or make some mini pieces to fill in the gaps after cutting them.
What about cutting the three brace out of sub frame and just bending the sides out and weld new braces in.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
What about cutting the three brace out of sub frame and just bending the sides out and weld new braces in.
Basically what I'm going to do... Find out more once I put on the surgical gloves...

·
Registered
497 Posts
If it helps you Red, a Dunlop 240 on a 8.5" = 9.25" wide, an Avon Cobra 250 on a 8.5" = 9.75" wide, and a Dunlop 250 on a 8.5" = ~10" wide.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
If it helps you Red, a Dunlop 240 on a 8.5" = 9.25" wide, an Avon Cobra 250 on a 8.5" = 9.75" wide, and a Dunlop 250 on a 8.5" = ~10" wide.
Yes, that will help... thanks (Although I took the measurements off of the L&M video, added 15mm to each side, then gave it 1/8" slack, but I will weigh my hypothetical measurements against real world numbers, so yes, will help :D ). Planned on leaving at least 1/8" on each side, so I'll start planning high if I want to use the x brand. I will most likely be using a 250 though. Any idea's how wide the Metzler 250 is as well, that way I can weight my three options?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yes, that will help... thanks (Although I took the measurements off of the L&M video, added 15mm to each side, then gave it 1/8" slack, but I will weigh my hypothetical measurements against real world numbers, so yes, will help :D ). Planned on leaving at least 1/8" on each side, so I'll start planning high if I want to use the x brand. I will most likely be using a 250 though, any idea's how wide the Metzler 250 is as well, that way I can weight my three options?
Metz doesn't make a 250, only a 240 and 260.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
L&M video isn't much help as that's a pinched 240 as you know.
Yes, the the measurement in width is what I was concentrating on... it measures out to 220mm or so, so you add 15mm to each side (giving you 250mm) and it should give you a realitive size that you need to be at for widening the frame.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
talk about clearance--
i found a piece of a doo-rag stuck between my rear brake pad and the rotor the other day.

it was from a toy run--they hand these things out and I just tied it to my belt loop so i could continue partying--of course, they end up snagging on the wheel area, etc.
made the most god-awful scraping sound at 40-50mph.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
talk about clearance--
i found a piece of a doo-rag stuck between my rear brake pad and the rotor the other day.

it was from a toy run--they hand these things out and I just tied it to my belt loop so i could continue partying--of course, they end up snagging on the wheel area, etc.
made the most god-awful scraping sound at 40-50mph.
Mornin Skapp- I remember that you thought it was the rubber flap

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
BTW, a Metz 240 on a 8.5" is also 9.25", don't know about the 260 it's probably only a bit wider then the Dunlop 250.

L&M video isn't much help as that's a pinched 240 as you know.
Yes you are correct about L&M putting a 240 on a smaller rim and it being some what pinched but what I don't get is where OEM came up with their measurements . I to went with the kosman upgrade like L&M and measured the rim when I got it back and its actually 7 3/4" lip to lip . Rim Requirements for a 240 tire are 8" - 8 1/2" so the tire will still be slightly pinched yes but not by much. If this doesn't give me the look I want or the tire looks to egged I to will be doing my own MOD to my swing arm and sub frame. I don't see any need to pay four grand for a MOD I feel I can do myself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts