Honda Fury Forums: banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
Battery threads...or even worse...battery maintainer threads are also hot topics. But oil has to take the cake.

...and then there's, "How fat of a fattie can I stuff on the back?" tire threads... :ROFLMAO:
Glad you qualified about what sort of fattie you were talking about as I was thinking that no fattie was getting on the back of my bike as I have an upper limit of 50kg. ;)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
you sure you measured with proper units? American units, not those weird EU ones that make no rational sense... ;)
LOL. Would not matter as a quart is about .94 of a litre and the bike should have 3.7 litres with a filter change. So 2 quarts or 2 litres is still a long way short of what it should be.

Did you park it next to a Harley? A Harley might encourage your bike to leak oil, you know to be inclusive and all.

·
Registered
2010 Fury
368 Posts
LOL. Would not matter as a quart is about .94 of a litre and the bike should have 3.7 litres with a filter change. So 2 quarts or 2 litres is still a long way short of what it should be.

Did you park it next to a Harley? A Harley might encourage your bike to leak oil, you know to be inclusive and all.
Also, hope you are not effected by the horrible flooding. Stay safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
Also, hope you are not effected by the horrible flooding. Stay safe.
Thanks. We are OK as we live in one of the higher parts of the city. We have some local flooding in the spots that always flood when it rains a lot but nothing to worry about. I'm glad all the extra drainage I put around the house is working. The nieghbours thought I over did the drainage as my father designed the drainage to cope with a 1 in 100 year deluge. Bet they don't think so now....... Sydney has flooded four times this year already and to think the "climate change alarmists" said it would never rain again in 2004.

·
Administrator
3,967 Posts
We got hit heavy in Milwaukee yesterday, overflowed the gutters so there's probably something jamming them up. Heard an odd noise and went out to look, was instantly soaked...at least it was warm.

The engine is a "dry sump" type, so the front drain plug drains the "dry sump" part (which retains a few ounces) and the rear plug (bolt) drains the transmission and holding area (similar to an oil tank). 2 quarts sounds like they filled it to "full" while on the side stand instead of holding the bike level while checking the dipstick.
Engine Oil: Owner's Manual page 90, step 5: Upright (level).

·
Super Moderator
6,136 Posts
We got hit heavy in Milwaukee yesterday, overflowed the gutters so there's probably something jamming them up. Heard an odd noise and went out to look, was instantly soaked...at least it was warm.

The engine is a "dry sump" type, so the front drain plug drains the "dry sump" part (which retains a few ounces) and the rear plug (bolt) drains the transmission and holding area (similar to an oil tank). 2 quarts sounds like they filled it to "full" while on the side stand instead of holding the bike level while checking the dipstick.
Engine Oil: Owner's Manual page 90, step 5: Upright (level).
You might like to think about some gutter protection.
I installed some gutter guards to keep the leaves out of my gutters. Works well enough but you still need to get up and check every now and then because dirt still makes its way into the gutters. Before I put the gutter guards on I was cleaning out the gutters every three months as we have a lot of trees around my house, plus a national park starts about 350 metres from my house. Far enough away to be out of the bush fire path but close enough to get leaves blown over the front yard. The upside is it's super quiet, no through traffic and nice neighbours.

Now filling the bike to just over half makes sense, if it was on the side stand. I'm surprised there weren't any oil pressure warnings considering it must have been missing close to 1.8 litres of oil.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts