Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't know if other owners are using this plug yet.

I called them this morning, got the fitment from the NGK spark numbers, and ordered 4.

The Fury uses 4 plugs right?

Does the Fury use smooth or threaded top? The plugs come separate from Pulstar, threaded or smooth.
I would run out to the garage but Im out of town this whole week.

These may be all marketing hyperbole, I will give them a shot and see. Track the fuel mileage ect.
Thanks for the help!
I hope this thread wasn't already done.
I did do a search for it with no matches.:D

The world's most powerful spark plug from Enerpulse

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Per the service manual they spec:
Standard:
(NGK) DCPR6E, (DENSO) XU20EPR-U
Extended High Speed:
(NGK) DCPR7E, (DENSO) XU22EPR-U

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Per the service manual they spec:
Standard:
(NGK) DCPR6E, (DENSO) XU20EPR-U
Extended High Speed:
(NGK) DCPR7E, (DENSO) XU22EPR-U
Thanks Tony.

Are there 4 total, right?

Im gonna take a guess and say they are smooth top. I guess the Goldwing is thread.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Pulled one of the plugs it's a (NGK) DCPR6E flat not tapered.
Measures 7/8 inch depth from tip to washer.

Are there 4 total, right?
Yes, two on each side front & rear

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Pulled one of the plugs it's a (NGK) DCPR6E flat not tapered.
Measures 7/8 inch depth from tip to washer.

Yes, two on each side front & rear
Thank you Tony, your a cool dude!:cool:

The heat range on the Pulstar goes from 7 down to 4, 4 the coolest temp range.

If you ever need something let me know if I can help!

Have a awesome weekend.:D

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I'm no auto electrician but as far as I know the lower the number the hotter the plug. So a 6 is hotter than 7 and so on.

On the subject of plugs has anyone put the NGK iridium plugs in yet?
I put a set of CR6HIX in my Spyder and could not believe the difference. To be honest all the guys on the Spyder forum were on and on about how much better the NGK iridium plugs were and I thought they were having themselves on......until I tried it for myself. They were spot on.:D

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I'm no auto electrician but as far as I know the lower the number the hotter the plug. So a 6 is hotter than 7 and so on.

On the subject of plugs has anyone put the NGK iridium plugs in yet?
I put a set of CR6HIX in my Spyder and could not believe the difference. To be honest all the guys on the Spyder forum were on and on about how much better the NGK iridium plugs were and I thought they were having themselves on......until I tried it for myself. They were spot on.:D
Macxpert;

I, too, am fond of Iridium plugs, but the plug number you cited, CR6HIX, will not fit our Fury's. The CR6HIX is a 10x12.7x5/8, and we need a 12x19.0x5/8. Let us know if you discover the right-size Iridium plug.

Cheers

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Can you describe the tangible differences for us ? Thanks.
Sure!
1) Bike started easier, almost always on the first go compared to 3rd or 4th when cold in the morning.
2) Bike seemed to have more power especially in the mid band 3rd and 4th gear.
3) Bike runs so much smoother, a lot of engine vibration disappeared.
4) The plugs used to get a black colour on them almost as though it was a bit rich, but with the iridium it was grey indicating a more complete burn.

Now before you all say I had the bike to rich to start with, I had already gone through the carbs and leaned them out and got them as good as I could get them.

As I said I did not believe all the guys on the Spyder forum, I truly thought is was all BS. I swapped the plugs anyway and I have to admit they were correct. Then I asked my best friend who is an auto electrician and he gave me a long explanation as to why they were better.

PS I'll run the NGK plug number past my friend and see what part he comes up with.

cheers

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
I find this interesting, coming from a sport tuner back ground .. unless you have lots of modifications to the engine itself, going with the Irodium plug doent make a difference, Other then making your wallet lighter.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I find this interesting, coming from a sport tuner back ground .. unless you have lots of modifications to the engine itself, going with the Irodium plug doent make a difference, Other then making your wallet lighter.
I can see your point. 50.00 for 4 Direct.

I was hoping for a bit of mid-range help with out the pipes and controller.

Its my placebo effect, placebos work 50% of the time they say!:pLOL!

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I also thought the iridium would make no difference, but I was wrong. For reasons that can't really be explained iridiums just work.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Interesting read Gar. That backs up what I would expect but it does not explain the difference I noticed on my Spyder which is stock (engine wise) and in good tune. At first I thought it might be the difference between good quality and average quality plugs but I replaced as set of standard NGKs. I would consider NGK to be a good quality plug even in their standard range.

I would like to stress that the plugs made no difference to my fuel consumption or overall power, it just felt more powerful in 3rd & 4th. In any case the bike runs and starts a lot better with the iridium plugs but the engineer in me still "yells" at me "this can't be right" but yet it seems to be.

Only a theory here but the difference may have more to do with the internal resistance and capacitance of the plug when combined with the rest of the ignition circuit. In the case of the Spyder offering lower resistance may have resulted in a stronger spark which accounted for the difference.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts