Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting the Kuryakyn deep dish bezels on my bike but I want to know if you can see the indicator flashing from the side. It looks like you still see a thin strip of the lens between the original housing and the Kury chrome extension. Am I correct can you see the indicator flashing from the side through the "slit" ?

I am trying to keep my bike legal and avoid any unwanted attention from the cops as there is a law here in New South Wales about the size of your indicators. It is not enforced all that often by the cops but if the indicators are not within the law your bike can fail the yearly registration inspection and be given a defect notice....and that makes a lot of work to get the defect notice on the RTA (DMV) record for your bike removed. It goes without saying that if it fails the rego inspection you can't re-register your bike.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
yes you are correct and there is a thin slit of the lense that you can see from the side that lights up when you have the bike on and the turn signal turned on.

·
Registered
724 Posts
You can see through the slit, but not much. Another option would be clear lenses and change your bulbs to orange. This keeps the side view open and gets rid of the nasty orange lenses.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information folks. The indicators have to be orange/amber but they can be either orange lens or clear lens with orange lamps. Anyone know if there is a difference in light output?

Cheers

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Yep I have smoked lens and amber bulb, they are still plenty bright. I like the thin strip of light that goes all the way around, looks cool.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
You could do the clear lens and order some sylvania silverstar bulbs to go in them. When the bulb is not lit it has a blueish tint which would look good with your blue bike but they are orange when lit up like they should be. I had some in my old bike with clear lenses and really liked them.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I am thinking about putting the Kuryakyn deep dish bezels on my bike but I want to know if you can see the indicator flashing from the side. It looks like you still see a thin strip of the lens between the original housing and the Kury chrome extension. Am I correct can you see the indicator flashing from the side through the "slit" ?
Yes, as everyone has already stated.

AND, I will soon be putting a set up for sale (on eBay) once I get my new fender and getting rid of the lollipops on the back.

Try and hold off a week - unless you can get them locally in Oz to reduce a ton of shipping cost.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I've got the clear lenses with amber LEDs and they are much brighter than stock with yellow lenses. Plus, the LEDs just look nicer to me. Simply need a relay to temper the quickness of the blinker. :) All came in the kit, so it didn't take much to install.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks so much for all the replies & pictures! So I looked on Cruiser customising and they have the orange & smoke lenses only. Does anyone know the part number for the clear lens and know of another company who will ship to Australia?

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
MACEXPERT...If you use Cruiser Customizer there are two codes.

CC-BBB10 gets you $10.00 off a $100.00 order.
CC-BBB20 gets you $20.00 off a $200.00 order.

Might help offset some of the shipping

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Thanks so much for all the replies & pictures! So I looked on Cruiser customising and they have the orange & smoke lenses only. Does anyone know the part number for the clear lens and know of another company who will ship to Australia?
Deep Dish Bezels With Lenses | Küryakyn

KY P/N:
2271: Deep Dish Bezels with Smoke Lenses & Red Single-Circuit Bulbs
2270: Deep Dish Bezels with Smoke Lenses & Amber 2-Circuit Bulbs
2269: Deep Dish Bezels with Red Lenses
2268: Deep Dish Bezels with Amber Lenses

I personally have the 2270's and love 'em.

Here they are on Cruiser Customizing:
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/d...ryakyn_Deep_Dish_Bezels___Pair_for_Honda_Fury

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
MACEXPERT...If you use Cruiser Customizer there are two codes.

CC-BBB10 gets you $10.00 off a $100.00 order.
CC-BBB20 gets you $20.00 off a $200.00 order.

Might help offset some of the shipping
Thanks! I'll use those codes for sure especially as Cruiser Customising have reasonable shipping rates to Australia. I used them before and I am happy with their service.

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Deep Dish Bezels With Lenses | Küryakyn

KY P/N:
2271: Deep Dish Bezels with Smoke Lenses & Red Single-Circuit Bulbs
2270: Deep Dish Bezels with Smoke Lenses & Amber 2-Circuit Bulbs
2269: Deep Dish Bezels with Red Lenses
2268: Deep Dish Bezels with Amber Lenses

I personally have the 2270's and love 'em.

Here they are on Cruiser Customizing:
Kuryakyn Deep Dish Bezels with Lenses (pr) - Various Honda and Kawasaki Models RTI01
Many Thanks!
So am I correct in thinking the smoke lens and the clear lens are one and the same? I think the idea of high brightness LEDS seems like a goer.

Cheers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts