Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys use the hex spacer that goes with the factory mirror? I tried to install my drag specialty mirrors last night, and I used those spacer along with my Kury adapter. It works fine, but the thread going into the mirror base are rather short when I use the factory spacer, but it provided me with the proper height for viewing...

Just wondering if you guys use it when you go aftermarket on the mirrors.

Also, seems like the mirror base ball joint isn't very strong, I wonder how that can be remedied. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Save everything with your stock mirrors in case you have to use them again. Other than that you dont need it...

·
Registered
276 Posts
And about the ball joints... Others on here may be more creative tho id sayfind the perfect position for the mirrors and jb weld it or tak weld it. Again others will prolly have a better idea..... Nice Fury color choice!

·
Registered
253 Posts
i just installed aftermorket mirrors on mine from demon cycles, i drilled thru the factory mirror mount and used the allen bolts up form the bottom easy mod look helluva lot cleaner than the adapters imo
can post up pic if anyone is interested , had to do a little reshaping on the clutch lever mount as well

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
And about the ball joints... Others on here may be more creative tho id sayfind the perfect position for the mirrors and jb weld it or tak weld it. Again others will prolly have a better idea..... Nice Fury color choice!
lol.. I checked out your album and noticed that you also have a subaru as your other ride...

Here is mine:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
you shouldn't need anything from the stock mirror, but from what i remember most if not all have had to adjust the lever bracket to adjust the mirror up, so what you have to do is loosen the lever bracket and tilt levers down a little <until it's adjusted for you> and then retighten them, i would also suggest some loctite on the threads for the mirror so that you are not riding down the road and the mirror starts spinning on you.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Matte, Nice STI. I been wanting a 05-06 Subaru for 5 years now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts