Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fiddling around on the website and I would really like to get a set of the XL Spike Black Gunner Grips. Ive never changed grips before but everyone is talking about using glue to get em on there. These grips have holes in them. So i was curious if there's an inner sleeve to hide the glue or how do they stay on.

·
Registered
124 Posts
looks like these are all aluminium grips where the throttle sleeve IS the grip itself. Clutch side, you will be fine putting on glue (and maybe screws). Throttle side you will have to mess with the throttle cables and install them. I put on a similar pair and it was a headache, spent 2 good hours getting the grips on. Someone posted a good explanation on how to install here http://www.furyforums.com/forum/honda-fury-general-discussion/5002-xoprodox-grip-installation.html. hope that helps. this forum is a wealth of information

·
Registered
513 Posts
i have the dlx grips very easy install took me about 30 mins.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Comfort was another concern but I always ride with gloves so i was thinkin it wouldnt be that big of a difference

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, so my wife got me these grips for christmas and for the life of me I can not get enough slack out the the throttle cable to attach it to the grip. I went to the link for the walk through on loosening the throttle cable and i im stuck. I took the air box cover off then the air filter. There are four screws around the air intake, are these the screws you need to remove to get the whole air box off. I tried for one screw and slightly stripped it. I dont want to go any farther until i know these are the screws i need to remove. Sorry if this seems like common sense but I really have no clue what I'm doing and dont want to screw something up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ok, so my wife got me these grips for christmas and for the life of me I can not get enough slack out the the throttle cable to attach it to the grip. I went to the link for the walk through on loosening the throttle cable and i im stuck. I took the air box cover off then the air filter. There are four screws around the air intake, are these the screws you need to remove to get the whole air box off. I tried for one screw and slightly stripped it. I dont want to go any farther until i know these are the screws i need to remove. Sorry if this seems like common sense but I really have no clue what I'm doing and dont want to screw something up.
Is there not enough slack to get the cables around the grip or to get the grip on the bar? On mine once I installed the cables to the grip i found it hard to get grip on bar so all I did was remove the cable mount at the frame , and it gave me just enough room to slip the grip over the bar. Then reinstall the cable mount.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the grip on the bar and the housing is clamshelled as far open as i can get it, I can attach the top cable but then i dont have enough slack to wrap the bottom one around the grip.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have the grip on the bar and the housing is clamshelled as far open as i can get it, I can attach the top cable but then i dont have enough slack to wrap the bottom one around the grip.
I had the same problem, put the cables on the grip off of the bar first, then slip the grip over the bar, but you need to remove the little deal that holds the cable to the frame in order to have enough slack to slip the grip over the bar. Give it a try.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.