Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a Honda VTX 1800F and love it. The one thing that irks me is the valves clearance must be checked and adjusted if necessary every 8K miles. It would not be so bad if I didn't have to take it to the dealer and have it done. I know I should learn to do it myself, but appears to be a hassle.

OK, on to my question, does the Fury require a "valve" clearance check at regular mileage intervals like the VTX or does the Fury use hydraulic lifters that eliminate the need to check and adjust the valves?

Thanks!

·
Registered
724 Posts
The Fury does not have hydraulic lifters. The best bet is to get the Shop Maintenance Manual for a fraction of the cost of taking it to the dealer and do it yourself. It really isn't that difficult. It will take you step by step. Only took a couple of hours my first time and now its like clockwork.

One question... Why are you on a Fury Forum if you have a VTX1800? Just curious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valves

I like the looks of the Fury and am considering purchasing one, so the best place to get info is on the Fury Boards.

I am still looking for a yes or no answer if the Fury valves need to be checked and adjusted on a regular schedule like the VTX?

Thanks!

·
Registered
724 Posts
Cool. Yes, they need to be checked/adjusted at the same intervals as the 1800. I wish Honda would have made these with hydraulic lifters so this maintenance step could be eliminated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for the info on the valves.

I am puzzled why Honda does not have a valve adjustment maintenance free system?

From what I think I know about engines, I believe you get better performance from sold lifters vs hydraulic lifters? Of course the down side is "you have to check and adjust the valves every 8K miles."

OK, thanks again for the information.

CV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts