Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed a lot more power with my mods, but my gas milage has really dropped. I have lost 6 mpg. I have a set of Cobra Pipes This winter I cut the baffles in half and drilled 3 1/2 holes in each one. I also put on a S&S intake. I have the FI2000 set at 2 2 2. It sounds great and runs great at this setting, but does anyone know which one of the three adjustments would control the fuel mileage. I must be running rich. I have seen the forums and they talk about 1 2 2. But the motor idles a little rough at 1 and smooth at 2. Any thought on this would be greatly appreciated especially with the high gas prices.

Chief

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
The way I understand it is that the first pot is idle, second pot is mid throttle, and the third pot is cruising, if it was me and you say that with the first pot at 1 it idles a little rough I would leave that at two and bump the other two down a half notch and see how she runs and does on mileage.

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
My Cobra came with "Factory setiings" preset it was at 1-2-0, so bumping up to 2 from 0 may be why it uses more. I am set at 2-2-2 right now too just haven't been able to ride enough to know my mileage yet.

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts
at 222 my mpg went tro crap too.sett the #1 pot back to 1.then unhook neg batt post for 10 minuts.hook it back up and restart engine.DO NOT GOOSE THROTTLE.let the engine idle for 15 minuts then shut it off.this will relearn the computer.that may take care of the idle problem.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Had to "reset mine also" I would also reconmend getting a full tank of gas before you reset it. before reset was getting light at 90 miles. after reset this weekend I am at 120 miles with no light yet. set before and after at 1-2-2

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Had to "reset mine also" I would also reconmend getting a full tank of gas before you reset it. before reset was getting light at 90 miles. after reset this weekend I am at 120 miles with no light yet. set before and after at 1-2-2
You fried your light. It'll never come on now. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks A lot for the post I will try setting it back to 1 and reprograming it. i had the same results all last year 120 to 130 miles before the light came on. now it has been 89 and 90.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts