Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a bungee on my fender and got a couple of light scratches. It's the matte silver. Was wanting to lightly rub some 3m perfectit II compound on them to rub them out. Never used this on a matte paint before. Is this a bad idea?

Thanks in advance,
Doug

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I think you should wait for Painter to reply or ask a local body shop. Most polishes work by removing a small amout of paint or clear coat to restore shine but I dont THINK it will work on matte paint.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
PM painter, probably the best way to get ahold of him.. he only checks here every now and then...

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
PM painter, probably the best way to get ahold of him.. he only checks here every now and then...
Yes RSS, I check my PM's every day but during the summer I'm not on the Forum as much.

Bad Idea to try to rub out the scratches on the Matte finish. I would suggest to get a 'touch up paint' and LIGHTLY fill the scratches. I use a pinstripinig brush tip as it is very fine and then gently wipe across the scratch. Do this several times to fill the scratch with paint.

Care on the matte finish is Paramount as repairs to the base coat is not easy compared to a cleared finish. ;)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Thanks very much. Does Honda sell matte silver touch up paint?
I am not sure if honda does but try colorrite.com they usually have about every factory motorcycle color and it usually matches really good. I believe the actual color code is on a sticker under the seat.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I am not sure if honda does but try colorrite.com they usually have about every factory motorcycle color and it usually matches really good. I believe the actual color code is on a sticker under the seat.
Yes, the stock seat, right there by the ground... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts