Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 99% decided on viper2 replacment of current pipes; but have lingering reservations about single wall, no heat-shield construction. I understand from talking to doug at fuggin the internal ceramics can knock off as much as 150 degrees outside temp, but I'm wondering about leg placement ... I mostly ride jeans and workboots, but in really muggy midwest weather I like to ride in work shorts - any trouble with shins/ankles etc. brushing up against the pipes, MORE SO than in any other set of pipes? Any feedback much appreciated ...

·
Registered
314 Posts
Here's my opinion:

The Viper-2s are some sweet looking and sounding pipes. I have not in any way at any time felt uncomfortable riding due to excessive heat from the exhaust.

Disclaimer, like you, I'm in the mid-west (Chicago to be exact) so I was riding with the pipes last fall. It was relatively cool outside. Though in my opinion, it shouldn't impact the exhaust temperature. My point is that I wasn't riding in the middle of summer so I can't give you a complete assessment.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
My legs have never come into contact with my Viper IIs :D

EDIT: 1000 POST! I spend too much time on this time

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good deal ...

Thanks Scratch, Predator,

Sounds good. I definitely consider the V2's the best looking pipe out there today for the fury, street-cred lookin', imho. Good to hear you guys haven't had any heat issues other than what can be expected from *any* set of pipes; pretty much helped me make up my mind. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm glad to hear this feedback as well since I am going to switch from the cobra's to viper 2 as well. Did you remove the baffles or are they natually good sounding?
In talking a fair bit with Doug at fuggin, the baffles are welded in and designed NOT to be removed; my impression is you can't do it. Unless Scratch or Predator has had some hands-on exp to the contrary. He says they spent a LOT of time getting a killer sound from the baffled pipes.

·
Premium Member
1,992 Posts
The pipes sound amazing out of the box. You won't want to/need to remove the baffles :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts