Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading about a right side cover clearence issue with the Cobra swepts. I was wondering if this is also a problem with the Cobra Slashdowns?

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
I have been reading about a right side cover clearence issue with the Cobra swepts. I was wondering if this is also a problem with the Cobra Slashdowns?
I have no clearance issue with my swepts

·
Registered
893 Posts
No problems with mine either... Go ahead and pull the baffels for a killer sound... They suck trying to get out after a years worth of riding! Trust me!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Its tight but quite do-able. Just gotta turn the cover a little and hold your mouth right:D Takes about 20 seconds longer than putting on the other side once you get the feel of it.

Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
You can pull the side cover with the swepts, but you have to be patient.
I find pulling the right side (fuse) cover easy, but getting it back on is a bitch because the bottom push-pin gets hung up on the thick wire harness.

I use a shoe-horn-like piece to get that pin past the harness. But, if on the road, I will have a more difficult time, as I don't carry that item with me on the road.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cobras

I have the Cobra straight pipes on mine. No problems with them.
As for the baffles, if you take the screw out before you put the pipes on, I held the pipe at an angle & they slid out onto the floor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts