Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have ideas on what's up with this? I bent up the LEDs, wrapped them around the front forks, installed the dual element circuits, added the Signal Dynamics load equalizer.
Everything appears to be working great (have both running lights and turn signals), but when I go out for a ride, the signal/horn fuse keeps blowing.
I've replaced the fuse, tested everything over and over at each step of attaching connectors, soldering etc. and everything works perfectly until I actually take the bike out of the garage!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Are you sure you have load eqsulizer wired in properly ? Are You running them as marker and signal lights ? I had the same thing happen but I was wired wrong ...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure you have load eqsulizer wired in properly ? Are You running them as marker and signal lights ? I had the same thing happen but I was wired wrong ...
I think so - purple from the load eq to the red on the left dual element circuit, brown from the load eq to the red on the right dual element circuit.
I used a common ground on the load equalizer to what appears to be the grounds on both signals.
I tried other variations, but the flasher wouldn't work with any other setup.
The way it works now (in the garage at least) is I have full on running lights (not dimmed), and flash at the same brightness on the signals...
What did you do to fix yours?

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Sounds like one of your leads may be bent in the LED enclosure and touching another, causing the short... either that or your load equalizer or something else is hooking in wrong causing a short... go back and check all of your work, plus that LED enclosure carefully...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I have same brand LEDS I had them running as marker lights and blinkers but was having the same problem. I wired in the load equalizer to the blinker wires that come from switch inside the headlight then disconnected the constant power to the leds inside headlight . Problem solved I was blowing the fuse as well as LEDS .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks you guys. I'll go in there and take things apart and see what is what, I never went inside the headlight as I was working off connectors on the original harness that I put in, just in case I have to go back to the lolipops.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Thanks you guys. I'll go in there and take things apart and see what is what, I never went inside the headlight as I was working off connectors on the original harness that I put in, just in case I have to go back to the lolipops.
Inside headlight there is a blue and Orange connectors one being for left side and the other for right . What I did was wired in the load equalizer to Orange striped and blue striped wire and any ground and cut the constant power wire which is the same color as left or right blinkers without the stripe at the connectors and this solved my problem . For some reason running the two hots into these leds doesn't work . Like I said I was blowing the fuse as well as LEDS. Also the load equalizer will fit just fine at the bottom back of headlight assembly .

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Inside headlight there is a blue and Orange connectors one being for left side and the other for right . What I did was wired in the load equalizer to Orange striped and blue striped wire and any ground and cut the constant power wire which is the same color as left or right blinkers without the stripe at the connectors and this solved my problem . For some reason running the two hots into these leds doesn't work . Like I said I was blowing the fuse as well as LEDS. Also the load equalizer will fit just fine at the bottom back of headlight assembly .
Awesome details - thanks!
What I did today was remove all of the zip straps and heat shrink that I had so carefully applied a few days ago, then I pulled out the load EQ just to see where I was at.
As it turns out, the signals work fine without the load EQ - flash a bit quicker, but not bad.
Next step is to fabricate new brackets for the rear fender in order to install the Radiantz brake/running/turn strip that I have already bought, and include a few white mini leds as a plate light.
Once I have all that put together I'll tackle the load EQ issue as you have described. Somewhere I heard that as long as there is a load EQ in the circuit, it should take care of both the front and rear signals.
Cheers!

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
BiigDave, you might want to consider getting rid of all the load equalizers and just replace the flasher with the correct one for the lED lighting. Your lights will flash at the proper speed and I think you will find the rest of your problems quickly solved. Good Luck!
Big Bike Parts Part Number: 13-306 - Direct Line Parts
That's one good idea. The other is to get a turn signal cancellation module from KisanTech (SM-3 model) that also has the "back off" style braking flash setup ... it is programmed to blink at a reasonable flashing rate regardless the load (all filament bulbs, filament & LEDs, all LEDs).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's one good idea. The other is to get a turn signal cancellation module from KisanTech (SM-3 model) that also has the "back off" style braking flash setup ... it is programmed to blink at a reasonable flashing rate regardless the load (all filament bulbs, filament & LEDs, all LEDs).
Great ideas you guys - thanks!
I'll post some pics once I get all of this sorted out - and once it's warm enough to work for more than a few minutes at a time in my garage. Spring is still taking its' time getting here!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BiigDave, you might want to consider getting rid of all the load equalizers and just replace the flasher with the correct one for the lED lighting. Your lights will flash at the proper speed and I think you will find the rest of your problems quickly solved. Good Luck!
Big Bike Parts Part Number: 13-306 - Direct Line Parts
Great ideas you guys - thanks!
I'll post some pics once I get all of this sorted out - and once it's warm enough to work for more than a few minutes at a time in my garage. Spring is still taking its' time getting here!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts