Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never heard my cooling fan (radiator) running. Have encounterd no problems and bike has never ran hot, but thought I should be hearing it kick on sometimes. Anyone else?????

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When sitting at a light in the heat, you will surely feel warm arm rushing by your hand or leg. You don't hear the fan, but you'll feel its draw when it kicks in.
Yeah, I have felt the warm air on my legs. Guess I have always been waiting to actually hear the fan cycle on and off.........

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
FWIW.... Start the bike and let it idle. sit there and drink a beer and watch. It will take a beer before she warms up enough to kick on. the thermostat won't fully open till around 203* somewhere around that temp the fan should kick on. I couldn't find the temp in the manual I have not had enough coffee yet.

this will at least show you that its working and give you a reason to drink a beer

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
FWIW.... Start the bike and let it idle. sit there and drink a beer and watch. It will take a beer before she warms up enough to kick on. the thermostat won't fully open till around 203* somewhere around that temp the fan should kick on. I couldn't find the temp in the manual I have not had enough coffee yet.

this will at least show you that its working and give you a reason to drink a beer
Took you all of 4 seconds did it????? :D:D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I'm sure it's working or the bike would not still be running strong after 9500 miles!! Oh well, at least another good reason to drink a beer!!:)

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
i only notice it when its like 90 out and im at a light, like mentioned above, just keep going fast you wont have to worry about it!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts

Looks like I'm not the only one that measures in beer units. :D

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I have never noticed mine on unless it's hot as hell out and I am stopped at a light or getting home and ready to park the bike, it takes a lot for it to get hot and kick on, I wouldn't worry about it, just ride it faster so it stays cool lol.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but I think Beer Units is an international unit of measurement.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've just been going through this dealing with my rad. I've noticed it takes quite a while for the fan to come on just at idel. Drive it around some and I'll probably be on when you get back. It dosen't stay on real long and you can't hear it well. Really need to get off the bike and look.

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Yes. I think in most countries the translation rate to time is two BUs per hour but of course there are variations.
Ya, but you need to rank the styles and their equivalent units. All bier is not the same!

For example, you have:
  • Pilsners
  • Lagers
  • Ales
  • Porters
  • IPAs
  • Bitters
  • Stouts
  • Bocks
  • Double Bocks
  • Triple Bocks
  • Heffenweizens
  • Dunkels
Light beers & lambics do NOT make the list.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I hear mine a lot when it's really hot out and I come to a stop. It may be hard to hear if there is a lot of street noise around you, but if you're on a side street or in your driveway, you should be able to hear it if your ears are in good working order.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts