Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running the Irate mesh grill. If so have you had any problems with the chrome chipping or anything.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright I'm going to pull the trigger and get one then. I wasn't worried about the outer stainless frame but more so the chromed mesh. Their Ebay store is running a 15% off July 4th sale by the way. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
72 Posts
The entire grill is made out of stainless, mesh, welds, and all, but the mesh does have a chrome plating on it. It makes the mesh look a lot better than if it wasnt chrome. It would look a little dull without the chrome. We have never had any complaints with any chrome on the mesh. The nice thing about them is if the chrome did chip from a hard rock hit it still wouldnt rust because its all stainless. You would probably never notice it. The Chrome does not make it magnetic as it does not have iron in it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for chiming in Irate. I'll put my order in tomorrow.

@ Senor Gar - Your lucky to have a special stainless coated one.Maybe thats an aluminum magnet you have there;):rolleyes::)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I'll be a tarnished old fool :eek:. I guess it would be quite a trick to get the high polish of the frame onto all those wiggly little (originally dull) stainless wires. Chrome makes perfect sense ;).
Its all good. Thanks for the input, the important thing is there wasn't any problems.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
no complaints here either. Just sets off the look of the bike more.
You will not be disappointed with the quality and appearance of this grill an you can rest assure that your purchase is backed by a company of true professionalism.

·
Registered
370 Posts
This is a picture after adding the Irate tribal flame cover. Was going to get the wire mesh, but my wife picked out this one instead. If she is not complaining about the money spent, I'm certainly not going to argue her choice. :)

I think it looks great and have already gotten a few comments.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
This is a picture after adding the Irate tribal flame cover. Was going to get the wire mesh, but my wife picked out this one instead. If she is not complaining about the money spent, I'm certainly not going to argue her choice. :)

I think it looks great and have already gotten a few comments.
:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did pick up the mesh grill lil while ago. I love it. sad part is the polished stainless frame makes the chrome plastic parts on the bike look dull.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I did pick up the mesh grill lil while ago. I love it. sad part is the polished stainless frame makes the chrome plastic parts on the bike look dull.
Well the way you are fabbing things it won't be long before you replace all that stuff anyways.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Told ya about those engine covers... :p

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah guys i'm really going to go nuts this winter on the big ticket items.I would love to turn all the plastic into my own custom billet pieces.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts