Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of your radiators look like this ?
While I was cleaning her up Saturday I saw how much is getting kicked into it. Now it makes me wonder if I get one of those fancy covers will that just get beat up too, and that would be even more noticeable.
What can I do to prevent it ? :confuzed:

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
What Ken said, roll the fender down a ways and it stops a lot of this. Not sure about the speed bump thing though, haven't had this problem. Maybe ken is jsut riding a little to spirited again...:flamebike::wink:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can make that.
I cant tell from the picture though, is the bracket offset so the fender bolts up at the same width ? or does it just squeeze the fender in by the thickness of the bracket ?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'll take a shot of mine when I get home, My brackets actually bend outward from the fork to the fender to keep it the same width as stock but I've seen other members on here do it differently; I.E. bolting them on the inside of the fender or squeezing the fender. What ever works best for you. Remember to curve the bracket so it doesn't just push the fender straight back. A couple members sell these pretty cheap and as Ken said they make it mroe like the reaper fender. Its lower and hugs the tire better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Any idea which members I could reach out to for a stock fender bracket? I looked up a thread on this and there was a guy named Hammy that was doing them but the thread has been dead for over a year. I'm in the States if that matters.

·
Registered
6,425 Posts
Paul (Hammy) was having them made up and there was another member on this side of the pond who started producing them as well, I can't remember who at the moment but I'm sure someone will chime in with the info.... Or you could build them yourself... Its really not to hard, at one point the measurements were posted on here somewhere.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Trem was making nice brackets.I thought the attachment screws were longer than necessary;so I installed the brackets with shorter stainless screws.The end result was very nice.

·
6,033 Posts
While I was cleaning her up Saturday I saw how much is getting kicked into it. Now it makes me wonder if I get one of those fancy covers will that just get beat up too, and that would be even more noticeable.
My plastic radiator cover looked like it was sand blasted so I replaced it with an Irate Customs polished stainless steel cover. The stainless is quite hard and stands up well to the sand and dirt that gets kicked up by the front wheel. Plus with stainless steel I thought I could polish out any marks from road dirt being flicked at it but it's held up so well all I have to do is polish it once a month with Nu Finish, same as I do with my chrome. Never had to use anything stronger to keep the cover looking good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I just messaged him ?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
The easiest way to eliminate that is to get some stainless mesh and insert it between the grill and the radiator. Paint it and it disappears, polish it and your on your way of being another chrome whore, just like @macxpert and I.

·
Premium Member
1,881 Posts
The easiest way to eliminate that is to get some stainless mesh and insert it between the grill and the radiator. Paint it and it disappears, polish it and your on your way of being another chrome whore, just like @macxpert and I.
I like chrome too.
Tire Wheel Grille Automotive lighting Car

1 - 20 of 25 Posts