Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Raising the front of the tank changes the lines of the bike with a little different look. I know T mod Tony has done this mod and it has inspired me to do play around with a few ideas of my own but I'm curious if anyone else has also done this mod. I have the MFR stainless risers and the maximum raise on front of the tank would raise it 1 1/2". Anyone else out there made any attempts to mod the tank along these lines?

·
Super Moderator
6,731 Posts
I have thought about this also, especially since I have the VTX-Treme risers. I don’t like the gap between the speedo and the tank. Hopefully someone has some pic’s and info on this.

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
I am going to raise my tank, but I am going to do it by splicing in a 1 1/4 inch strip at the body line on the side of the tank. this will give me the look and about another .8 gal of gas.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
2 things to think about 1. getting gas nozzel in tank 2. getting key in gas cap to remove it. Other than that have at it.

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
First. IMHO raising the front of the tank :confused: Why?

2. I have an Idea in my head. I lowered the front of my tank for the MuthaFockingRake mod so I got an idea how to go up also

c. They not MFR risers, they are VTX-treme risers

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just a thought... wondering how that would change the center of gravity including carrying more fuel? I'd love to increase range out to 150~160 miles a tank.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
I think it is a much better look! It just flows better with the tank higher. Look at a big dog. I know their frame is what does it but you get the point.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ok gents look at the front of the tank. You can not put more fuel in because it is higher in the front it will run out the fill hole first. remember the fuel problem when you fill it all the way up the way it sits now then the bike ran like shit until some fuel was burned out. well you can raise the front but I am no mathmatician but I do not think it will hold anymore fuel. Bar you got any ideas on the holding more fuel trick other than buying a larger tank :>) I do know that you can make new rubber bushings for the front and off set the mounting hole and raise it but you are going to run into clearance problems with the neck. what the hell do I know it's your bike have fun

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its an easy mod and I've already done it a couple of different ways but wanted to see if others other than T-mod and myself have done it.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Davey you have a before and after side ways shot to show us?
I took my tank off for paint work and have my spare tank on it now playing around with different variations for this mod. I'll try to get some photos posted before I head out on vacation. Busy week right now getting ready for my daughter wedding and packing for vacation cruise to Bermuda. Check out T-mods album I think he has a shot of his in his album.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few member asked on another thread about raising the tank so I thought I would bump up this old discussion thread rather than ruin another members unrelated thread. Basically the tank can be raised by simple modifications to the two front grommets on the front of the tank.

Keep in mind this mod is only good for some bikes. This mod will not work for stock set up. This mod is only good if you have changed out your risers and will only work on certain risers. It depends on what type of risers you have and the clearance between the handlebars and tank. For those it works for it does look cool. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
This the san francisco syle chopper tank. It was made so back in the day when a biker was running from the law the bike wouldnt run out of gas going down the hills in S.F.

·
Premium Member
2,069 Posts
I am kickstarting this thread again to see if there were ever any photos posted and more details about how to do this lift. It would be perfect for my riser and bar setup

·
Registered
332 Posts
This mod interests me quite a a bit. I love the high tank look that custom choppers have. Does any one have some pictures they can post so we can take a look?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts