Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First thing is to order a set of blades and when they come in go to the hardware store and buy (2) 5/16 by2 1/4 chrome bolts and acorn nuts becasue the bolts furnished will not work with the 8 degree trees. After mounting the blades remove the old turn signals and cut the wires off the old signals as close to the signals as possible. The green wire from the old signals is your ground wire. Connect the 2 black wires from the new blades to the green wire. Connect one of the red wires to either of the orange wires coming from the old oem signal it will make the side light on the blades come on if it doesn't connect it to the other orange wire, one is for the side light and the other one is for the turn signal. If you have it correct when you turn on your lights the side will light up and when you apply the turn signal it will come on. The left side wires are orange and the right side wires are blue. I used butt connectors to put the wires to gether but you can solder them together if you want too. I put a piece of heat shrink tubing on before I made the final connections to keep out the elements and make a nice looking connection. Thanks to StPete (Alan) for all the words of electrical wisdom becauee I am very much electrical challenged. Since I had the modded tail light and they are LED I did not use the diodes and the equalizers furnished with the lights. Video of what it they like comming soon.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Dragboat, I thought I measured 2in for the 5/16 bolts? I will have to check again.
Jag I bought 2 1/4 inch because after I intalled the deep well acorn nuts the bolts came out to 1 3/4 long. If you buy a 2 inch bolt and then install the nut you will not have but about 1 1/2 inch of bolt,The acorn nut has well over 1/2 of thread in it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts