Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember Raw Design Cycles and their Chrome Frame Covers?

https://www.rawdesigncycles.com/product-p/honda1300-frmgrds.htm

Well, I bought a set of these a while back and the fit of the left side plate is ALL WRONG. The right side fits and looks great. But the left side, the angle looks like it belongs to an entirely different bike. Also it's TOO LONG. The pic of the blue bike is what they are selling. The other two pix are what I got. (See attached)

I tried to ask if there was a mistake, like maybe someone grabbed the wrong part off the shelf or whatever, to make up the set. All I got in return was...

"Sorry it doesn't fit" ...
"These are a discontinued " ...
(and next, my favorite)
"If you don’t like it and want to return it (prepaid shipping) I’ll refund 1/2 your cost"

I was overly polite in my email exchange with Bill Michelotti, because I understand mistakes happen -- no big deal. But, he didn't seem to be overly concerned about his customer.

Anywayzzz... I guess I'm going to have to bend the left side plate in order to get it to touch and stick (any suggestions?) and I guess I'll just have to deal with the angled edge.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
That def does not look right. I always hate the dreaded "oh we'll take it back but itll cost ya XX". If you could show him a pic of it maybe he could look to see if he has any others that would work, maybe. Doesn't sound like it though.
Maybe look on ebay and see what you can find. Good luck

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That def does not look right. I always hate the dreaded "oh we'll take it back but itll cost ya XX". If you could show him a pic of it maybe he could look to see if he has any others that would work, maybe. Doesn't sound like it though.
Maybe look on ebay and see what you can find. Good luck
The pics attached are the same ones I sent to him. It's clearly the wrong part. The response was an excuse something along the lines of, "It's been so long, can't remember why we did it that way" ... "we had a good reason at the time". So, no... He has no interest in setting things right. And it only sounds to me like he has a good reason to keep my money.

So.... BUYER BEWARE.
If you're interested in picking up a set of these from Raw Design Cycles, you might want to consider the con-sequences.

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Goo Gone, right? Yeah... gotta get me some. :rolleyes:
Use your wife's hairdryer.... comes off pretty easily with a little heat. :flamebike:

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Personally deliver the incorrect parts back to the seller with a BFH to pound them up his @ss sideways!!! Nothing pisses me off more than dishonesty. Bait and switch phucker anyway.:angryface:
RAW DESIGN CYCLES LIE

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WD-40 (forum members suggested it and man it works great!) and a hair dryer, and your fingernails. That sticker was a bugger, I used a heat gun as hot as I could stand it for 10 seconds at a time. Took about 20 minutes to get the sticker off, others came off easier.
I'm warning about a con-man, rip-off artist, junk parts dealer and y'all fussing over a sticker?

PRIORITIES people... priorities...

:grin:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm warning about a con-man, rip-off artist, junk parts dealer and y'all fussing over a sticker?

PRIORITIES people... priorities...

:grin:

..... crickets .....

Umm... I wuz just jokin fellaz. Garsh! No one gonna fire back at me? Very uncharacteristic. I'm almost disappointed.

:wink:

·
Super Moderator
3,170 Posts
Oh boy....

..... crickets .....

Umm... I wuz just jokin fellaz. Garsh! No one gonna fire back at me? Very uncharacteristic. I'm almost disappointed.

I think the initial shot handled it...

Maybe you're the fidget-spinner type and need the sticker thing to keep going...

...or maybe you're a pussy who got sucked in by this sh*t:

when you could be living this sh*t:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the initial shot handled it...

Maybe you're the fidget-spinner type and need the sticker thing to keep going...

...or maybe you're a pussy who got sucked in by this sh*t:

when you could be living this sh*t:

Hmm... So that's the kind of shit you preoccupy yourself with? Fags? What? You don't like women? I mean that's okay I guess... for people like you. To each their own. But don't think that everyone else is gonna enjoy your gay ass homo vids just because you like 'em.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts

Reactions: WI_Hedgehog

·
Super Moderator
3,170 Posts
Hmm... So that's the kind of shit you preoccupy yourself with? Fags? What? You don't like women? I mean that's okay I guess... for people like you. To each their own. But don't think that everyone else is gonna enjoy your gay ass homo vids just because you like 'em.

Actually I was out riding my motorcycle, then swimming in a box full of women--that's what took me so long to respond. Guess you got stuck on the first video, but that answers the questions about your sticker fascination...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually I was out riding my motorcycle, then swimming in a box full of women--that's what took me so long to respond. Guess you got stuck on the first video, but that answers the questions about your sticker fascination...

LMFAO... That's what I love about this forum. You all are a bunch of furious crackuz! =)

·
Premium Member
13,662 Posts
Remember Raw Design Cycles and their Chrome Frame Covers?

https://www.rawdesigncycles.com/product-p/honda1300-frmgrds.htm

Well, I bought a set of these a while back and the fit of the left side plate is ALL WRONG. The right side fits and looks great. But the left side, the angle looks like it belongs to an entirely different bike. Also it's TOO LONG. The pic of the blue bike is what they are selling. The other two pix are what I got. (See attached)

I tried to ask if there was a mistake, like maybe someone grabbed the wrong part off the shelf or whatever, to make up the set. All I got in return was...

"Sorry it doesn't fit" ...
"These are a discontinued " ...
(and next, my favorite)
"If you don’t like it and want to return it (prepaid shipping) I’ll refund 1/2 your cost"

I was overly polite in my email exchange with Bill Michelotti, because I understand mistakes happen -- no big deal. But, he didn't seem to be overly concerned about his customer.

Anywayzzz... I guess I'm going to have to bend the left side plate in order to get it to touch and stick (any suggestions?) and I guess I'll just have to deal with the angled edge.

I always go through BBB just to pi$$ them off. LOL>:)>:)>:)>:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts