Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something new from us. It's a 2 piece unit. The outer ring and inner circle are laser cut from solid Billet Aluminum. The outer ring is then machined and Show Chromed. The inner circle is black anodized then engraved with the Fury Logo. Goes on with double stick. $178.00

Not sure if i've posted this. Swing Arm cover in chrome.$89.95

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Question tho for RAWONE, why so expensive for such a little piece that is double stickied on? I know it's billet aluminum and all, but just a 1-piece, I can see that price for 2 but, not just 1... Okay... then do we only get the one side or both sides for that amount (right side and left side)? Just curious as I know the question will be coming from others besides me.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yeah Im with you, that better be for both sides.. I like it looks good.

·
Registered
175 Posts
After looking over the site and the product description, sure sounds like that's for only the one cover on the right side....for $180:eek:, I'd definitely spend $100 less for the Kuryakyn SET of covers!

...key word "SET"

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Man! I was just about to wish myself a Merry Christmas...then I saw the price. Oh, well.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Bill;

Beautiful piece of work! But, at that price, I fear that it's doomed to reside forever in the product showcase.

Cheers

·
Registered
829 Posts
Plain chrome?

Are there any that are just plain chrome like the stock without the Honda on it? Even all chrome just like the stock with Fury etched in instead of Honda. (FYI, I like this one for RAW a lot, but I think it would go better with the Matte color Fury.)

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
no lettering on mine.just the slots to match the engine jugs.

·
Registered
158 Posts
COVERS

Well in my honest opinion, the Fury emblem looks attractive, but Im hearing that it's attached with double sided sticky tape. At this price, it should be a complete replacment cover, two for that matter. Even if it were $49, I still wouldn't attach it with sticky tape, between the heat from the motor and the elements, it's prone to fall off at some point. I'm not sure if the Kuryakyn covers are replacments or just attached to the outside as well. I have considered changing mine, but either way I go, it will be a complete replacment cover, not a high dollar aluminum sticker.

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
i throw the tape in the trash and use epoxi.havent lost a cover yet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Replacment cover

What's wrong with a replacment cover, rather then an attachment? At this price, I don't see why it's not possible. It just seems like a much better product if it were a replacment part, rather then an expansive aluminum sticker.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
They use really good tape, like serious industrial strength high temp tape.. It's just like Kury uses for it's Derby cover, cept better... It won't fall off. I know about the tape cause it's like the one they used for the swing arm cover... And that thing is on there big time... Just an FYI for those that don't understand the tape dealio, Kury does it... most of the other brands do it too.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
RedspawnSilver is correct.
That tape provided is industrial strength.:)
Honda OEM V covers are chrome metal applied with the same tape.
The same tape that hold the reflectors on the bike.
This stuff is not coming off without force.
my 2 cents

I do agree that the price of some of these aftermarket products are over priced for what they provide.:confused:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Agreed

I understand the sticky tape is strong and won't come off. All Im saying is, if you had a choice, would you rather have a replacment cover with the design of your choice or a cover that is attached with tape?

This is all about getting manufacture to produce a better product that us owners would rather buy. At $180, I think it's very reasonable to think we could have a complete replacment.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry guys. There is a HUGE difference between a machined unit and moulded plastic like the Kurys. You'll see plenty of the Kury units on Furys and VTXs as they share the same engine. Our's is quite different and limited production. Our's IS expensive, but that's the cost of having something on your bike that you are not going to see on the next bike around the corner. The Kury stuff is the same as on a VTX. Not knocking them just different strokes, different folks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I purchased the Kury set back in June when I bought my bike. Wanted to cover up "Honda" on the entire bike. Used the sticky tape, and have ridin over 3500 miles in the rain, etc, hot FL sun, 250 mile trips, etc.... They AREN'T falling off, trust me and definitely look better than stock IMHO.

However, as far as I know, NOBODY makes a full replacement cover, they are all stick-on covers. I would LOVE to replace all 3 covers on the motor with real machined covers, but no-one has made any yet. Like any quality part, I'm sure it will cost plenty of $$$$

Raw, would like to see a full replacement cover perhaps. Would definitely be interested at that point.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts