Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Wow! That will be a GREAT deal for someone out there! You shouldn't have any problem selling those. Good luck.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I agree, looks like someone chromed a couple of straws from mcdonalds
I just bought these from Shak and think they look and sound pretty good. Pictures do not do them justice. I have gotten multiple compliments already.:cool:

Thanks again Shak!

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have these too. I took the baffles out and cut them in half, then bent two of the four remaining tabs up. Sound good.
The only complaint I have with them as they are is low RPM deceleration, it sounds "swooshie". Do you have this or has cutting the baffel cured it?
Would you agree they look much better in person than in pictures?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reapers Rock

I learned of the Reapers on this forum, Raw Design should have better tags for Google searches. The mixed opinions offer humorous descriptions. I just ordered the Reapers from Raw Designs as I preferred the look and sound. The Vance & Hines slip ons look as bad as the huge can of the stock system and are pricey. The Cobras have a cool radius to them but look too long on the Fury. The you tube videos reveal how quiet the Cobras are. Cobras are $550 (ouch!) I removed the stock muffler so I could gut it and I liked the sound of the raw header pipes. The Reaper video gave the closest to that sound of any after market exhaust. I like the simplicity of the Reaper. It's more of a raw old school chopper look and they are the loudest pipes out there which is what we are trying to achieve. The Reapers are only $285 new, shipping included. For me, best looking, best sounding, least expensive. Whatever baffle comes with them will be totally removed. Give me the decibels, it is a chopper afterall.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I learned of the Reapers on this forum, Raw Design should have better tags for Google searches. The mixed opinions offer humorous descriptions. I just ordered the Reapers from Raw Designs as I preferred the look and sound. The Vance & Hines slip ons look as bad as the huge can of the stock system and are pricey. The Cobras have a cool radius to them but look too long on the Fury. The you tube videos reveal how quiet the Cobras are. Cobras are $550 (ouch!) I removed the stock muffler so I could gut it and I liked the sound of the raw header pipes. The Reaper video gave the closest to that sound of any after market exhaust. I like the simplicity of the Reaper. It's more of a raw old school chopper look and they are the loudest pipes out there which is what we are trying to achieve. The Reapers are only $285 new, shipping included. For me, best looking, best sounding, least expensive. Whatever baffle comes with them will be totally removed. Give me the decibels, it is a chopper afterall.
I am glad to here all that and feel the same way. I just ordered mine from Raw last week. Can.t wait to get them. I was also thinking about getting the Big City Thunder Baffles to put in.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have a brand new set of Reapers that I took off due to the exhaust leak where they fit togther. I'd like to know how that leak could be sealed. Other than they spit soot on my chrome rear wheel, I really liked them. There are boxed up at the warehouse, in case I decide to put them back on.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
can you see where the leak, or crack/break, is?
if it's on the inside, unseen portion, maybe there's a heat resistant epoxy that could fill the gap.
or a spot weld could fix the problem--
??

·
Registered
499 Posts
I thought about that fire resistant material to use as a gasket.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.