Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the tail/brake light assembly. Mounted to the bike, but don't know if I need both the electronic boxes that come with the kit. Seems like I would only need the signal light adapter box and not the resister if the brake light on the Fury is already an LED unit. Can anyone tell me? Any tips on the install, like where to mount the box?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Will

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Just bought the tail/brake light assembly. Mounted to the bike, but don't know if I need both the electronic boxes that come with the kit. Seems like I would only need the signal light adapter box and not the resister if the brake light on the Fury is already an LED unit. Can anyone tell me? Any tips on the install, like where to mount the box?
Will
That would be correct, the resistor or load equalizer is only there to slow the rate of blink, if you want to make it blink slower, you need to use one of those units for both the front and back. If you like it to blink fast, give it to one of your friends that likes it slow... :cool: A good place to mount that box is by where the seat meets the frame, somewhere in that area, or right next to the fuse box. Best advice I can give you is to follow that wire loom back, errrmmm forward :p till you can find a good place for it, then splice in there... make sure everything is secure and enjoy your new lights... ;)

· Premium Member
1,965 Posts
Will
Will:
I used a piece of velcro to attach it to the side of the fender frame near the front. (Tywrap it also)
The load equalizer if you want the normal flash rate.
Without it you will get a real fast flash rate.. (Which I like)
I left it off..
Here are some pic's, I pulled the whole wiring harness towards the front of the bike.
I cut the factory connectors off the stock lights and soldered, and shrinked wrapped them
T
View attachment 2284 View attachment 2285 View attachment 2286 View attachment 2287

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Will:
I used a piece of velcro to attach it to the side of the fender frame near the front. (Tywrap it also)
The load equalizer if you want the normal flash rate.
Without it you will get a real fast flash rate.. (Which I like)
I left it off..
Here are some pic's, I pulled the whole wiring harness towards the front of the bike.
I cut the factory connectors off the stock lights and soldered, and shrinked wrapped them
T
Huh... I like that position too... Might have to look at that possibility when I open it up over the weekend.

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Huh... I like that position too... Might have to look at that possibility when I open it up over the weekend.
You swapping your fender or doing the DIY knockoff of the Raw Stealth this weekend? i know you started to make the bracket so are only about $150 or less shy from the Lighting control modules and LED. But also saw you have the fender Painter did for you with the back seat hole filled

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
You swapping your fender or doing the DIY knockoff of the Raw Stealth this weekend? i know you started to make the bracket so are only about $150 or less shy from the Lighting control modules and LED. But also saw you have the fender Painter did for you with the back seat hole filled
Will be a few days before I get the fender back from the Painter, so it may be next weekend. I got the module a few days ago, just need to find the damn brackets that I made for it. When I moved, I packed them in one of the boxes and don't remember which one...

But, yes... That is my plan, to at least do the DIY knockoff this weekend, hopefully vid some of it too or at least take some pics like last time... we'll see as it took me 4 hours to upload that one vid to YouTube that I took of my Fury and it was only 4 minutes long... rotfl! Total set up with tax and all is about 160$.

Have to admit, for the time it took to come up with it, the R&D stage, material costs, labor and all, the 260$ that RAW is selling it for isn't too shabby actually... But, still going to get it done this weekend... or if I'm REALLY patient, next weekend after I get the fender back that way I can see what that bad boy looks like all purdy like!

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
thanks for the pics. Mine came loose yesterday and fell into the rear tire. fortunately my club brother saw it and warned me asap so I temp fixed it before the tire ripped it out.

Oh wow... that could have really sucked... :/

· Registered
2,385 Posts
Will be a few days before I get the fender back from the Painter, so it may be next weekend. I got the module a few days ago, just need to find the damn brackets that I made for it. When I moved, I packed them in one of the boxes and don't remember which one...

But, yes... That is my plan, to at least do the DIY knockoff this weekend, hopefully vid some of it too or at least take some pics like last time... we'll see as it took me 4 hours to upload that one vid to YouTube that I took of my Fury and it was only 4 minutes long... rotfl! Total set up with tax and all is about 160$.

Have to admit, for the time it took to come up with it, the R&D stage, material costs, labor and all, the 260$ that RAW is selling it for isn't too shabby actually... But, still going to get it done this weekend... or if I'm REALLY patient, next weekend after I get the fender back that way I can see what that bad boy looks like all purdy like!
But your materials was 160, Your R&D is time, and Labor is time, so in Reality you just have alot more Love into your bike than those that have the RAW and saved 100 bucks. Im buying Hydroboy's Raw if he was talking about me as the SALE PENDING, so i will have 160 into it aswell, but im getting mine 2nd hand.

· Premium Member
6,029 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.