Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else order the RAW Designs - Fury "Reaper" Exhaust Tips?

RAW Designs - Fury "Reaper" Exhaust Tips
YouTube - Honda Fury by Raw Design

The stories in the "http://www.furyforums.com/forum/low-mean/888-impatient.html" thread kind of remind me of my experience with RAW Design.

Are vendor issues so common?

08-01-2009 Ordered a set of Fury "Reaper" Exhaust Tips from "RAW Design" and received an order confirmation via email.

08-02-2009 Email To "RAW Design"
"For this order, What will the shipping cost be to Hawaii?"

08-03-2009 Email Response From "RAW Design"
"The shipping charges will be approx $25. I do need your credit card info to charge you that when it's time to ship the pipe tips. Your order online goes directly through the website and I don't have the ability to see the credit card details. If your not comfortable emailing your credit card you can call me directly."

08-03-2009 I generate a one time use VISA charge number with a 2 month expiration and a $40.00 limit and send the information to RAW Design in two seperate emails. Yeah, Bank of America!

08-05-2009 Email To "RAW Design"
"When is my Fury "Reaper" Exhaust Tips scheduled to ship? I anxiously await the order shipment.
I confirm that the $260.00 has been charged and has already cleared my VISA account."

08-06-2009 Email Response From "RAW Design"
"They are in production as we speak. Not sure if you saw the post on the fury board but they won't be ready for 3-4 weeks. Tubing is being cut and then we wait as they are sent off to chrome. You can check back in a week or 2 and I will have a better ETA."

08-19-2009 Email To "RAW Design"
***Note: So, I check back with RAW Design in just under 2 weeks.***
"Checking back with you regarding the ETA on my "Fury Reaper Exhaust Tips" order. Order #: xxx"

08-19-2009 Email Response From "RAW Design"
"Our chromer is closed this week so the tips won't start getting plated until early next week unfortunately. I'll be on top of him so give me a call next week and I'll have a better ETA."

***Seems that the 3-4 week guess-timate will be pretty accurate even with vendor issues.***

God Bless our Military! ... Semper Fi!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I remember reading that Raw was taking orders and then going into production. I had to wait a few weeks for my lights, but they were very good about keeping me informed. Their chrome company being closed is a valid reason for a delay. At least they haven't been jerking you around like Fuggin Fab has been doing to L&M.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
I just sent Bill an email and awaiting a response.
I also order my pipes around the same time as Area808

Funny I have to get an update of status from the forums and not the supplier.
I called them last week and they stated they would be going to chrome this Monday. I guess that didn't happen according to Area808 post above.

They are fabricating to the orders, it's not like they have them on the shelf to pull and ship.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just ordered a set yesterday (8/19/09) morning on their web sight. Also ordered the taillight and side mount unit. I called a little later in the morning to see if I could get a feel for delivery and they told me they were going to chrome and would ship in 3 weeks. I can live with that as long as it doesn't take any longer. I'd like to be able to install everything and get a little riding in before cold weather sets in.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I ordered the Reapers from RAW knowing that they would not ship until September. They have already sent my side plate and light kit. No problems with RAW.

·
Premium Member
13,713 Posts
i have a nice set of pipes with turndown slipons for sale if anyone wants them cheap.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Future Tip Styles

RAW Design Fury "Reaper" Exhaust Tips
YouTube - Honda Fury by Raw Design

"A unique mounting system stays in place and allows changing of (Future) tip styles, without the cost of the complete kit. Baffles are easily removable. Baffled or un-baffled, the sound is mild but wild at cruise and TOTALLY wild with a twist of the throttle."

I really hope RAW Designs actually designs different tip styles.

God Bless our Military! ... Semper Fi!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Believe me guys, we are not here to B.S. anyone. Our parent company has been in business for over 60 years. You don't last that long on B.S.

With the present economic conditions EVERYONE is cutting back and it's very much affected deliveries from our suppliers. If it's in my shop I have full control of it. If we are waiting on vendors we are at their mercy.
If you EVER have a problem, call and ask for me. You may not like my answer, but it will be the truth based on the information we have.

Thanks for you patience and patronage.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Believe me guys, we are not here to B.S. anyone. Our parent company has been in business for over 60 years. You don't last that long on B.S.

With the present economic conditions EVERYONE is cutting back and it's very much affected deliveries from our suppliers. If it's in my shop I have full control of it. If we are waiting on vendors we are at their mercy.
If you EVER have a problem, call and ask for me. You may not like my answer, but it will be the truth based on the information we have.

I've worked in machine shops for 30 years now and I know that what you speak is true. Your quote, "If it's in my shop I have full control of it. If we are waiting on vendors we are at their mercy" is one that has left my lips, word for word on many occassions. Plating houses, heat treaters, etc. provide specialized services and they know that your options are limited. Most work at their own pace and customer service does not necessarily get the focus that it should.

I ordered my Raw tips a few days ago and I was told up front that delivery would be about 3 weeks. I'm ok with that. I'd rather hear the truth than be told what you think I want to hear, then be dissapointed. I love the way this first set of tips looks and can't wait to see future designs. Raw is making some of the baddest looking Fury stuff out there. I also ordered the stealth tail light and the 2 position side mount license plate. Keep up the great work Rawone!

·
Premium Member
13,713 Posts
illinoisfury they are like new.i will let them go for 200.00 plus actual shipping.

·
Registered
249 Posts

When I'm running with my new RAW tips will I need to do any fuel re-mapping or can I just bolt up and go with no worries?

·
Registered
288 Posts
When I'm running with my new RAW tips will I need to do any fuel re-mapping or can I just bolt up and go with no worries?
Leave the baffles in and you are basically good-to-go. You'll get an occasional pop but nothing more than you would get with stock. Take the baffles out and you're going to get it when you engine brake hard. If you change the intake you will need a power commander.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Leave the baffles in and you are basically good-to-go. You'll get an occasional pop but nothing more than you would get with stock. Take the baffles out and you're going to get it when you engine brake hard. If you change the intake you will need a power commander.

OK. That's what I was hoping to hear. My intent was to leave the baffles in.

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
What did your parent company make?
RAW is the brainchild of Steinmetz Machine, one of the largest Engineering and Manufacturing companies in the Northeast. After 30 years of designing and building industrial manufacturing equipment, we decided to have some fun and turn our hobbies into a business
RAW Design- About Us

1 - 20 of 68 Posts