Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got the RAW reaper tips in the mail yesterday and like a kid on Christmas I tore it open and made several high pitched squeals. I then spent the next couple hours getting them installed. I really like the sound at idle and accel. There is some popping on decel, which I don't care for. I don't have the baffles in so that may make a difference?? I will install them today and see if it changes it. The install is easy. A few tips:
1. In the instructions for removing the stock muffler, when removing the last screw under the muffler, they are not pointing at the small alen wrench screw. He actually has his finger on the bolt.
2. Removing the compression tank in the instructions, I am not sure if this was from another bike, but I did not see this on my bike. I did have to remove the piece on the back of the engine that has fins (don't know what it was called but it is held on by 2 silver bolts) to get the stock mount off.
3. I did NOT have to cut the bottom exhaust pipe. I DID have to samd the piss out of the pipe and the inside of the fittings to attach the pipe to get them to go on. I only had to sand the bottom. Top fittings went on easy. (Maybe not cutting is causing the popping??)

These are basically just tips with some holes cut out for mounting purposes and baffle installation. I'm thinking that it may be possible to buy some tips from an autozone and change them out if you don't like the reaper style.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Schmud:
Search the forums here for the pair valves.
That is what they are called you are referring to.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
hey schmud, i have the tips also. the popping is standard operating for these tips. i did not have to loosen that piece either to get mine on. i did cut the pipe though, not sure if i had to or not i just did it.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gracias.

So here is the order of the steps I will take to correct the popping

1. Install baffles to add back pressure - simple and I have a feeling these things will still be plenty loud.

2. If number 1 does not work, Plug the hose between the Pair valve and Air Cleaner to test pair valve blocking

3. If number 2 works I will do the full mod of using pair valve blocking plates

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey schmud, i have the tips also. the popping is standard operating for these tips. i did not have to loosen that piece either to get mine on. i did cut the pipe though, not sure if i had to or not i just did it.
did you plug your pair valve?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
someone told me about the pair valve hose blocking and that's what I plan on doing when I change out my intakes, I don't plan on doing the plate blocking, don't know if you would even need to, doubt it.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need some help

so I'm looking to block the pair valve tube running from the air cleaner. THere are 2 hoses, A larger one at the left/top and smaller one centered at the bottom. which of these go to the pair valve?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I'm at work and don't have the diagram in front of me but I believe it's the bottom one, i think someone told me to use a 9/16 bearing or marble some crap like that to block that tube. I'm getting ready to run to my room and I'll put up that link and post it here that explained which hose to block.

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
make sure you tighen those nuts on the baffles! i cranked em as hard as i could and they are now residing somewhere on the highway. i would recommend locktite. didnt block the paor valve... i dont mind the popping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts