Honda Fury Forums: banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about two months ago I got my replacement LED strip for my stealth taillight. My original LED strip would flicker on the right side so they sent me a replacement. Some random guy just pulled up behind me when I got to my apartment and told me my taillight is going out. I looked and sure enough...half of the left side is completely shot. It wont flicker or anything. There's condensation on the inside so I'm guessing it just wasn't sealed properly. I had nothing to do with the sealing so RAW will be getting a call on Monday. I'm not happy with their LEDs at all.

And i walked over to my bike today from class and saw someone sitting on it getting their picture taken :eek::eek::eek::eek: I went off. Who in their right mind would sit on someone else's bike!? He then continued to ask questions about it :confused: Today's just not my day lol

Have a good night everyone. Ride safe :D

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
That sucks. I know those lights are really expensive. WTF is wrong with people? I've often had that scenario running thru my mind as I walk out to my bike. I must be old skool because that is a good reason for a beat down. What state are you in?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks. I know those lights are really expensive. WTF is wrong with people? I've often had that scenario running thru my mind as I walk out to my bike. I must be old skool because that is a good reason for a beat down. What state are you in?
Indiana. They were both Indian and I'm assuming from India. Maybe things are different over there. I was so tempted to hit the dude but then I thought maybe he didn't know any better? Maybe I'm just soft lol

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
sitting on your ride!!!!
I would have had his ass arrested! I don't see why that's any different then walking up to your car opening the door and sitting and sitting in it.
If he didn't know any better then it would be a good learning experience.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Indiana. They were both Indian and I'm assuming from India. Maybe things are different over there. I was so tempted to hit the dude but then I thought maybe he didn't know any better? Maybe I'm just soft lol
Prolly one of those situations where you are so cornfused that you can't figure out which direction to take it. Im sure they were just unaware of that part of American culture. But still.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Prolly one of those situations where you are so cornfused that you can't figure out which direction to take it. Im sure they were just unaware of that part of American culture. But still.
I did let him know he was wrong that's for sure! :p

·
Registered
889 Posts
I did let him know he was wrong that's for sure! :p
Never saw anyone sit on my bike but a couple times at bike nights I'll notice some random guy standing there like he owns it with a crowd gathered. Twice, I've walked up and started asking questions about it and when I get them really into it, I say I wonder how it sounds..... And put the key in and start it up...... :D I'll admit it, I'm a dick. But it's funny as hell to see the looks on their faces.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Never saw anyone sit on my bike but a couple times at bike nights I'll notice some random guy standing there like he owns it with a crowd gathered. Twice, I've walked up and started asking questions about it and when I get them really into it, I say I wonder how it sounds..... And put the key in and start it up...... :D I'll admit it, I'm a dick. But it's funny as hell to see the looks on their faces.
That'd be hilarious! I'll consider that next time I see someone standing around it. No one will ever sit on my bike again tho!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Nice. I can't wait to ask, " That thing got VTEC?" :cool:

·
Registered
288 Posts
So about two months ago I got my replacement LED strip for my stealth taillight. My original LED strip would flicker on the right side so they sent me a replacement. Some random guy just pulled up behind me when I got to my apartment and told me my taillight is going out. I looked and sure enough...half of the left side is completely shot. It wont flicker or anything. There's condensation on the inside so I'm guessing it just wasn't sealed properly. I had nothing to do with the sealing so RAW will be getting a call on Monday. I'm not happy with their LEDs at all.

And i walked over to my bike today from class and saw someone sitting on it getting their picture taken :eek::eek::eek::eek: I went off. Who in their right mind would sit on someone else's bike!? He then continued to ask questions about it :confused: Today's just not my day lol

Have a good night everyone. Ride safe :D
daRe
Sorry to hear about the problem. Can't tell where your from, but if it's close enough, we will be in Delmarva Maryland 16th-19th for bike week. Either way, call on Monday and we'll take care of it.

·
Registered
835 Posts
I may be a girl, but anyone just helps there self to sitting on my bike is getting HURT!

BTW, Raw replaced my lights too, but I haven't had a problem since. I'm sure they will get it resolved for you.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Oh and by the way, I hate when someone just jumps on my bike too.:eek::D

If she jumps on my bike she better be ready to jump on something else...... Ohh BTW my left side is out about 3"from middle on my Raw LED. Going to check grounding Monday AM.

·
Registered
724 Posts
daRe
Sorry to hear about the problem. Can't tell where your from, but if it's close enough, we will be in Delmarva Maryland 16th-19th for bike week. Either way, call on Monday and we'll take care of it.
Now that is customer service! I have been weary to get this kit due to all of the problems people are having. But if they will stand by there product and make it right, that is good enough for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I completely agree with you, but it still bothers me that everyone is still having problems with this kit though. Wish they would redo the product with new LEDS or wiring or something. My guess is the wires are somehow melting together and creating a short on contact with each other somehow. I don't know but i wish they would fix it.
Now that is customer service! I have been weary to get this kit due to all of the problems people are having. But if they will stand by there product and make it right, that is good enough for me.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I completely agree with you, but it still bothers me that everyone is still having problems with this kit though. Wish they would redo the product with new LEDS or wiring or something. My guess is the wires are somehow melting together and creating a short on contact with each other somehow. I don't know but i wish they would fix it.
i heard they are running a 3 wire setup now, mine is 4 wires and i have heard of grounding issues. im hoping i can fix mine tomorrow. its worth it though they stand behind their products.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I think they are STAND UP guys there at RAW. I've had my LED's (front and back), with 'nary' a problem...I've never ridden in rain or got them wet, though. I still get TONS of compliments on them.....8,000 + miles on them now.

I'm sure he'll fix you right up......

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The crew @ RAW are solid people!!! I had the same problem last week and sent them the light. Had it back in No time!!:)
I can't send them the light as my Fury is the only way I get around college right now. Last time this happened they charged me $150 and i was credited the 150 back when they got my broken LED strip back. So do I lose another $150 for a month again?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.