Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A side note. The bike was going to be appearing on a TV show Sunday August 16th., I was trying to have it look as nice as possible, hence my seemingly lack of patience.

I sent my first email because I didn't receive any kind of order receipt or conformation of the order - which I had placed directly with RC. I had no idea if they actually processed the order? When would it ship? What was the final cost? Were they making the correct rims, rotors Etc...

On 8/3/09 this is the email I received from my first inquire about a detailed receipt. (4 business days from time of order)
Your order is scheduled to ship the 6th of August. Your order was placed on the 28th of July. Most orders ship within 7-10 Business days,
Note: No receipt.

On 8/7/09 received this email. (8 business days from time of order)
We are waiting on the two rotors to be complete, your order should ship the first part of next week.

On 8/12/09 this email arrived. (11 business days from time of order)
I do apologize, but you will not receive your order by this weekend. The rotors are being finished up. We had some issues with our machining. You are also in California which is 5 day UPS shipping region. Once again I am sorry. You order will ship out to you by the end of this week, or the first of next

On 8/18/09 this arrived. (15 business days from time of order) (3 wks)
I went and checked on your rotors. One did not pass quality code, they re-cut another one for you and it is being polished, it should ship Wednesday, the latest Thursday. I have went out and taken care of this myself.

Now before any of you start flaming me. I am completely aware that sh&# happens. Suppliers don't deliver on time. You lead engineer skipped town with your assistant. The IRS took you into custody. It's a new model....

How many of you have been told your new pipes will arrive next week? Only to find out next week that it will be another week and then another month? I bet you were not happy. If we are told from the beginning that our order will be 30 days we might grumble a little but we move on. However, when we are told it will ship next week, and then again, the following week and the following week. We get all excited and become like a child waiting for the morning so we can open our presents, only to learn that special morning is promised a week later... That is what irritates the consumer. It's that promise and when that promise turns out to be untrue we get upset. When we are told that promise three or four times... wouldn't you be just a tad irritated?

The point is if you are not sure you can deliver don't say you can! Tell me you will keep me informed as to the progress of the order. For instance, it's on the way to chrome. Now to polishing - oops didn't pass quality inspection have to make a new one. I might grumble but I understand. But when you tell me it will ship next week. I expect it to ship next week.
<putting away his soapbox>
T

·
Registered
497 Posts
I placed an order with RC for front / rear and both rotors on July 28, 09. I sent an inquire on 08/03/09 on the order status. Below is the mail I received.
Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 12:22 PM
To: Adam Trent
Subject: Re: order
Thanks Adam.
On Aug 3, 2009, at 6:43 AM, Adam Trent wrote:
Your order is scheduled to ship the 6th of August. Your order was placed on the 28th of July. Most orders ship within 7-10 Business days,
Adam Trent
Sales Representative
[email protected]

Every week since I have been told "We are waiting on the two rotors to be complete, your order should ship the first part of next week."
It is now past the fifteenth business day... no order. no reply from my inquiries. You would think with a 3K+ order they would be more attentive to customer service. Alas its seems that a number of companies promises delivery dates and then state its "not our fault -- our supplier is late, our milling machine broke down, it's a Thursday..." as a customer I don't care! If you state a delivery date -- DELIVER.
My apologies, didn't mean for this to turn to into a "soapbox" post. I am just frustrated...
T
T
I don't know why they told you 7-10 days. RC wheels are made to order once ordered. Mine took 2-3 Months to get to me.

·
Registered
39 Posts
We are very sorry for the delay of your order. Trust me when I say that all dept. heads are aware of your order being 5 days late. Please understand that 98% of our orders are going out in 7-10 business days. As with any manufacturing of a new product sometimes an issue comes up that will delay an order. I am personally looking into your order. We appreciate your business and if you would like I will add a Free RC T-shirt to your order just let me know what size you need. Once again thank you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I understand you being upset because they told a certain date and they did not deliver but your not just ordering stuff for a bike thats been out for years its a 2010 and your probably one of the first would you rather get a product and have issues or would you rather RC get it right then send it to you and you shouldnt want anything for free there probably saving YOU money in the long run by doing it right the first time

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I understand you being upset because they told a certain date and they did not deliver but your not just ordering stuff for a bike thats been out for years its a 2010 and your probably one of the first would you rather get a product and have issues or would you rather RC get it right then send it to you and you shouldnt want anything for free there probably saving YOU money in the long run by doing it right the first time
MRDROUT,
Thank you but I fail to see how they would be saving me money by producing an inferior or flawed product? Especially one that could have life threatening liability?

Why "shouldn't I want anything for free?" They are not doing me a favor by accepting my business.
T

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We are very sorry for the delay of your order. Trust me when I say that all dept. heads are aware of your order being 5 days late. Please understand that 98% of our orders are going out in 7-10 business days. As with any manufacturing of a new product sometimes an issue comes up that will delay an order. I am personally looking into your order. We appreciate your business and if you would like I will add a Free RC T-shirt to your order just let me know what size you need. Once again thank you.
You know on the free t-shirt I am conflicted. :confused: On one hand I am dropping close to 4 grand, have been told 4 different shipping dates, never got a receipt, and the worst part? I am subjecting all the nice people on this board to reading this post. But on the other hand, I get a free t-shirt. :) :)
Instead of the t-shirt how about waving or reducing the shipping charges?
T

·
Registered
773 Posts
RC components are a top notch company and have a excellent reputation in this industry. Since your one of the first to get wheels for the Honda Fury, I bet yours are getting all the special attention. It is not easy over seeing issues in the beginning of production and usually us companies tend to give much more attention to detail on the first few. Not to say we don't for the rest of production, but in the beginning we work alot harder to make production run smooth. Can wait to see your wheels on the Fury, be sure to post some pictures.

LM

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RC components are a top notch company and have a excellent reputation in this industry. Since your one of the first to get wheels for the Honda Fury, I bet yours are getting all the special attention. It is not easy over seeing issues in the beginning of production and usually us companies tend to give much more attention to detail on the first few. Not to say we don't for the rest of production, but in the beginning we work alot harder to make production run smooth. Can wait to see your wheels on the Fury, be sure to post some pictures.

LM
I think pics of the new L&M pipes and air adaptor would be much better. But I will post a few pics of the wheels when they arrive.... :cool:
T

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update on RC

Good morning one and all,
RC sent me an email stating that the wheels will be at my door step on Friday and they were picking up the shipping cost.
Will keep you posted and send some pics when they do arrive.
T

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that's pretty cool of them, you get a tracking number?
This is what I received today. However no tracking number

As of this morning it looks as though we will be shipping your order today. RC is covering the freight to where you will have your product this Friday.

So we shall see if this holds true...

T

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
This is what I received today. However no tracking number

As of this morning it looks as though we will be shipping your order today. RC is covering the freight to where you will have your product this Friday.

So we shall see if this holds true...

T
Good deal. Glad they are covering the shipping for you. At least you got something in return for your frustration.

·
Registered
173 Posts
At least you have them coming. I ordered Cobra pipes from Cruiser Customizing and they were supposed to ship 7/30 now they say it will be 9/30. I am thinking about canceling the order because I think thats a its shady to charge my card for a product you don't have in stock and won't be able to ship for 2 months.

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At least you have them coming. I ordered Cobra pipes from Cruiser Customizing and they were supposed to ship 7/30 now they say it will be 9/30. I am thinking about canceling the order because I think thats a its shady to charge my card for a product you don't have in stock and won't be able to ship for 2 months.
Yikes, they charged your card? I got my sweeps from Kevin at Hart Land Honda, they are a sponsor on the forum. Ordered them on Friday had them Thursday. This is his contact number.
[email protected]

He sent me an email just a minute ago - he has the Cobra Fuel Controllers in stock... just an FYI.

Think I would cancel then reorder when they come in. No sense paying interest on something you don't have...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I would cancel and get them elsewhere. I would be pissed if I was charged for something that isn't on it's way. This is the only reason I am not completely pissed with L&M for the delay on my exhaust. They do not charge until it is ready to ship.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Did you get the T-Shirt? :D

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
They are...

Well it's Friday and I bet you are wondering if RC lived up to their word...

The rims and rotors arrived today as they had stated. They even tossed in a t-shirt and waved the shipping.

The rims look really good. Can't wait to see how they will appear on the bike.

T

1 - 20 of 22 Posts