Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I can get a RC Components "Holeshoot" 18x8,5" in chrome from a VTX 1800 for a very good price from a friend of mine. Does anybody know if it will work on a Fury...? What other parts needed? And what needs to be modified to get it work?

Thanks

Mattias

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
I recommend calling RC and asking them directly. I have their Havoc wheels on mine. Anything needed they would most likely have too.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Hi,

I can get a RC Components "Holeshoot" 18x8,5" in chrome from a VTX 1800 for a very good price from a friend of mine. Does anybody know if it will work on a Fury...? What other parts needed? And what needs to be modified to get it work?

Thanks

Mattias
Ask redspawn silver.
I thought he posted something about RC and there rims.

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Right, may just need the bearing. They said when I ordered their wheels for both my fury and cbr1000 that the wheels arent't vehicle specific the bearings are interchangable so just call em up.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
8.5 is wayyyyyyyy to wide. Won't even be close to fitting. 7 is pushing it

·
Premium Member
1,636 Posts
Ummm isn't 8.5 the width they sell the factory wheel width increase for people who wanted the 240 tire? Those of you that have been on this site for awhile should remember all of those posts and you tube install videos showing the clearances with the widened factory rim and 240 tire. I think Low and Mean did all the measurements.

·
Registered
331 Posts
L&M put a 240 tire on a modified stock rim that was 7" wide and gave a tire width of 8.68" which is the widest you will fit with a stock swingarm. To get the tire and rim on you have to deflate the tire or it is too wide to fit between the hub and swingarm.

Hey Guys, HUGE apology for not following up on this one, but to be honest we have just not seen any reply's in till now, thanks to a customer for calling in on the heads up.

Well here's the skinny. We sent our rim to Kosman. They widen the stock rim from 6.25" to 7". When we got the wheel back it was completely disassembled, bearings, collars, etc. was very nicely placed in clear plastic bags. Right way we installed the 240 Metz tire and it fit's like a glove. The clearance was very tight within 1/16" on the torque bar below the swingarm and everywhere else was almost as close, but still very functional.

We have a video in the process, but it's not finish because of lack of time. At the moment all we can offer is the info and how we did it.

If you decide to go this route, we would suggest having Kosman grind the weld smooth and then powder coat or chrome both your rims to match.

Here's how much it cost:
$450 Kosman widen wheel
$150 to grind the weld smooth
power coat or chrome cost ???
$150 for the 240 tire

So approx. $750 + the cost to paint, powder coat or Chrome the rims to match.

Hope that helps, here's a picture of the rim when we got it back from Kosman.

LM
http://www.furyforums.com/forum/low-mean/1974-240-tire-modified-stock-rim-video.html

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Hi,

Thanks

Mattias
No, it won't fit plain and simple... Unless you like to cut things...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you so much brothers for all your help and replys... I just wanted to know if anybody out there have done this mod before with a VTX rim. This wheel are coming from a crashed show bike but I have not seen it personally yet. I will call RC and see what they are saying.
I have no problem with cut and modify the swingarm if thats necessary...hahaha! I will let you know when I know more...

Regards

Mattias / MTL Custom Bikeparts Sweden

MTL Custom Bikeparts
Motorcykeldelar, Custom Styling & MC tillbehör - MTL Custom Bikeparts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts