Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RCComponents are ready to take orders for some wheels. Unfortunately, there is not an opton for a 240 tire. Due to the supports under the fender, the 240 tire will not fit.

If you want to order some wheels, call Chris at RCC, and mention that you spoke with Allen Stanfield from the forum, and you will receive a 10% discount on your order.

His contact info:

Chris Cross
270-842-6000 x 106

·
Registered
162 Posts
ok this is getting tiring one person says a 240 won't work and another says it will that new post from that honda dealer that sent out his wheels and stuff to get chromed put an elite3 240 on his stock rim and said it works fine with the stock fender and wheel and has lots of room left over. so whats the true verdict will it or won't it work?

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Obviously it will since the Dealer already installed a 240 tire on his rims ;) :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
hey smart ass you think i can't put two and two together or what if your going to be ignorant don't bother replying all i am saying is the dealer says yes rcc says it won't low and mean says it will but the bolt won't go back in so my post was for more the mechanical people that are working on this not someone who wants to make a list of who owns furys very pissed off at your comment

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey smart ass you think i can't put two and two together or what if your going to be ignorant don't bother replying all i am saying is the dealer says yes rcc says it won't low and mean says it will but the bolt won't go back in so my post was for more the mechanical people that are working on this not someone who wants to make a list of who owns furys very pissed off at your comment
Probally worth a phone call to RCC and hear it for yourself. The issue is with the swing arm, and bottoming out with the fender braces. I am sure you can put a 240 on the rim, fit it into the swing arm, but how will it ride? If it was doable, RCC would maake it happen to make some money.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Lets keep this thread on topic :cool:

·
Registered
773 Posts
Dude, we hear you, but you gotta laugh when there's more than a few of us that have done it and then RC comes in and says no. I bet they mean it can't be done with the correct rim size. But there's no reason why they can't put a 7.5" or 8" rim on a Fury (Stock is 7") then a 240 would look much better.

Anyways, the bolt in the swing arm had nothing to do with the tire change. This bolt is an issue with all Furys, just remove yours and you will see.

Anyways, glad to see RC making wheels, now we want to see which ones.

LM
LowandMean.com: Custom METRIC Cruiser Parts!

·
Registered
497 Posts
ok this is getting tiring one person says a 240 won't work and another says it will that new post from that honda dealer that sent out his wheels and stuff to get chromed put an elite3 240 on his stock rim and said it works fine with the stock fender and wheel and has lots of room left over. so whats the true verdict will it or won't it work?
The correct size rim for a 240 is 8" at the very minimum, 8.5" is the industry standard. Putting a 240 on the stock Fury wheel effectively makes the tire 210mm wide. So of course it's going to fit the stock fender if you put it on the stock wheel.

RC says it doesn't fit because they are talking about a 8.5" wide wheel.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Anyways, glad to see RC making wheels, now we want to see which ones.
RC wheels are all generic, only the hubs are bike specific. Any wheel in there current offering can be made for the Fury. All wheels are only built once ordered, they do not stock wheels they are Custom made.

·
Registered
497 Posts
When you add a rim made for a 240 would it spread out to a larger size than a 240 on the stock rim? Could that be the reason a larger rim with a 240 won't fit and 240 on stock will.
Bingo.

240 + 8.5" wide wheel = 240mm
240 + 7.25" wide wheel = 210mm

BTW, they do make 210mm tires....I don't know why you would put a 240 on the stock wheel outside of the bragging rights. The 210 tire is cheaper, will have a better profile on the wheel and hence perform better, and is the same size as the 240 on the stock wheel. Not to mention, potentially dangerous if air pressure is lost while riding and the bead pops off.

https://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/tire/product.jsp;jsessionid=YBWXZS2J0KJULLA0WTVSM4VMDK0NCIV0?skuId=&store=&catId=&productId=p543230&leafCatId=&mmyId=

·
Registered
773 Posts
Bingo.

240 + 8.5" wide wheel = 240mm
240 + 7.25" wide wheel = 210mm

BTW, they do make 210mm tires....I don't know why you would put a 240 on the stock wheel outside of the bragging rights. The 210 tire is cheaper, will have a better profile on the wheel and hence perform better, and is the same size as the 240 on the stock wheel. Not to mention, potentially dangerous if air pressure is lost while riding and the bead pops off.

https://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/tpl/tire/product.jsp;jsessionid=YBWXZS2J0KJULLA0WTVSM4VMDK0NCIV0?skuId=&store=&catId=&productId=p543230&leafCatId=&mmyId=
Your Totally right, we also think the 210 would be a better fit. Although, we have been running a 210 on our 5" Mean Streak rim for about 3 year with excellent success and with the change in tire profile or bubbling it does give the bike a more meatier look.
Here's what we would like to see; is the fury wheel widened 1" and run a 240/40 tire which would consume any swing arm space and give you the widest tire with the stock swing arm. Maybe we should look into this????

LM
LowandMean: Honda Fury Mayhem Exhaust

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your Totally right, we also think the 210 would be a better fit. Although, we have been running a 210 on our 5" Mean Streak rim for about 3 year with excellent success and with the change in tire profile or bubbling it does give the bike a more meatier look.
Here's what we would like to see; is the fury wheel widened 1" and run a 240/40 tire which would consume any swing arm space and give you the widest tire with the stock swing arm. Maybe we should look into this????

LM
If we want to go bigger, this would probally be the best route to go, especially for those of us who have the SE model with the black wheels. Let's check it out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Does anyone have any idea as to if we need to widen the wheel in the center, right side or left side. I would have thought you do it in the center, but the attached order form seem to give you options for shaft side, or non shaft side. That's confusing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Does anyone have any idea as to if we need to widen the wheel in the center, right side or left side. I would have thought you do it in the center, but the attached order form seem to give you options for shaft side, or non shaft side. That's confusing.
Center until the space on the shaft side runs out then you start adding more to the opposite side. Depends how wide you want to go and what your swing arm can support. It's easier to widen a swing arm on the non shaft side.

·
Registered
470 Posts

LM

Still would like to see a 240 on the stock wheel. I'm hearing a lot of naysayers that I know are wrong.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts