Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Fury home wensday. I've got 350 miles on it just riding this weekend. I had two people walk up to me and say "oh its a Honda, I thought its was a Victory". The look on thier face when they realize its a Honda is awesome to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looks!

Stopped to get gas today.....Had 2 guys come up to me.....one was walking down the street with his girlfriend....and told her he had to run to the ATM just so he could come take a look.....he asked if he could take pics....was really into it....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I was riding with some friends and they misjudged how cold it was once the sun went down. We stopped at a store to buy a sweatshirt, when we came out I had a some group of people standing around my fury. That made me a little nervous but they were all impressed with the bike. Needless to say (like a proud dad) I had to talk about how great this machine is... AND IT IS!

I know it's B.A. when sport bikers have to catch up to me to get a closer look.. this bike is great, runs smooth, is comfortable and looks as tough as it does.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I was out all weekend on mine. Stopped at a dealer to look at jackets and came out to find a bunch of harley riders standing around it drooling. They couldn't figure out what it was because I took all of the Honda badging.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I was at a small bike rally in Lagrange , Ga. tthis past sat. and got a lot of looks and several compliments. About half of them did not know what it was at first. The best one was by 2 guys that came up on 2 sweet customs. They got off of thiers and 1 of them said there is 1 of those new Hondas. They came over looked and I let them sit on it ( i wasnt worried bout 2 guys getting off of 30k bikes and messing anything up on mine ). They liked it 1 of them thought it would look better with a little of strecth up but said it in his opinion was the best looking production bike he has seen. They gave me a the number to thier shop and said they would like to help me out with a sissy bar that is higher than the Honda 1. I taking them up on it. When/if i do i will post pics.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This thing is getting as many cool comments as the other custom bikes I have had. And the greatest thing about it is that it was $14K, not 41K. I have had more chicks come and check it out than guys. I saw this couple on a harley bagger tonight that I have seen around town and the chick came over and checked it out. Her guy came over and said cool bike man, what is it? It's a chopper was my response. He said yeah, that's what I thought. What a dumb ass. His chick wanted a ride, but I could tell he was not into that. I told her "get rid of the bagger and she could have herself a chopper. It's a personal choice of what you want between your legs, I personally prefer exciting and powerful over well, you know."

·
Registered
60 Posts
i had seen pic's of furry even read a few mag articles on it, was like nice bike,
but when i went to local honda dealer to look at the dn-01 soon as i walked in saw dn-01 as walked towards it saw fury out corner eye and was like holy crap sweet bike, when got home started looking up disability shifter mods, i should know my price range for new highway bike in about two weeks and im praying the fury is in my budget, even tho means $2g in mods so i could ride it regularly (ankle issue), even tho dn-01 would be $1grand cheaper cause already has all the components id add to the fury, and be cheaper in insurance i want the fury.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I was was eating with the wife and seen a guy in a harley shirt keep checking my bike out. When we were leaving he came out and was like nice bike, it must be a custom huh? My response was no its a honda. He could believe it. I rode off with a big smile.

·
Registered
87 Posts
had a group of guys checking out my bike in Luckenbach, Tx this weekend. The cool thing about it was that it was parked next to my buddy's Thunder Mountain, his dads Big Dog and another Big Dog. That makes u feel good when u get to see something like that.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I will share my first negative comment I got from a Harley Rider

.....So I take a ride to one of the local accessory shop which pretty much carries things from every different style of riding. I look around the store and did not really find what I was looking for. On the way out 2 guys pull up on Honda Cruisers(not sure which models) and they are loving the Fury and checking it all out. Then I guy pulls up in his truck to shop at the store and walks by and and comments, "should have bought a Harley" in a bitchy tone. Needless to say before I can get in a word the 2 guys checkin out my bike proceed to verbally engage him and put down Harley's. It was pretty funny. I kind of like that I will be able to make people upset because I didn't purchase the bike they approve of! I mean how American is that to tell me where I should spend my hard earned money!! WTF

Riding home on the freeway people kind of pull up on their cars and try and check the bike while they roll next to you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I will share my first negative comment I got from a Harley Rider

.....So I take a ride to one of the local accessory shop which pretty much carries things from every different style of riding. I look around the store and did not really find what I was looking for. On the way out 2 guys pull up on Honda Cruisers(not sure which models) and they are loving the Fury and checking it all out. Then I guy pulls up in his truck to shop at the store and walks by and and comments, "should have bought a Harley" in a bitchy tone. Needless to say before I can get in a word the 2 guys checkin out my bike proceed to verbally engage him and put down Harley's. It was pretty funny. I kind of like that I will be able to make people upset because I didn't purchase the bike they approve of! I mean how American is that to tell me where I should spend my hard earned money!! WTF

Riding home on the freeway people kind of pull up on their cars and try and check the bike while they roll next to you.
is it me or are harley guys always driving there truck? this aint a fury experience but hilarious, two years ago went to the friday 13th in port dover, canada, my vintage honda needed repairs so i road the 250km either way back roads on my 50cc scooter, saturday morning when at coffee shop in dover nursing major hangover, some harely guy comes over and starts mouthing my ride, he kept saying you could have got a sportster if moneys tight, so i look around every bike in parking lot had its rider beside it, so i ask what you ride? he says a sportster, i look around again not a single sportster to be seen, so i ask "where's your bike?" he answers "in shop i drove my truck here. so smart ass me just gets a huge grin looks at him, and say "dude you know your an idiot you just came to a bike rally in a truck, i dont care if i road a moped i road 250km on a 50cc with a sore ass, i'm alot more biker than you'll ever be now F... OFF"

·
Registered
212 Posts
that is pretty funny!! I look at the HD stuff and for the same price range IMO the bikes are fugly! I actually was looking at the Victory Kingpin 8-ball but I still found that I like the Fury more. I am really happy with my choice and can't wait to buy some more stuff for it!

·
Registered
23 Posts
the waitress at the diner couldn't believe it was a honda the day i brought the bike home.. seems he ex was a harley guy so she was edjamacated on bikes.. my brother is a harley guy and still talks to me even tho i sold my 2009 Eletra Glide Police Special to buy my fury.. and the best yet, i was riding down the main street on sunday just enjoying the ride and a harley passes going the other way.. we wave and then he twists the throttle, i'm thinking to show off, but nope.. he was rushing to pull a u turn and follow me, which he did, for a good mile to check out the fury.. ;0)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've had my blue Fury for a little over 2 weeks now and it never fails. Every time I take 'er out I get some kind of coment from walkers, drivers and riders alike. Everyone who sees it is wowed! The best one was when I was sitting at a light in Baltimore and a guy came running up to me at full sprint. At first I was a little concerned, but he was apparently trying to get to me before the light changed and I took off. When he came to a stop right next to me, out of breath..he said "What kind of bike is that?" I said Honda Fury. He just said "Honda?" with a surprised look...the light changed and I took off.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I road mine up to Laconia NH for Bike Week, lots of people stopped could not believe it was a Honda. The MSRP was also a big shock.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had an Estes truck driver poke his head in the office today to ask about it while they were unloading his truck across the way. I've had a lot of good compliments on it. Nothing bad yet from anyone.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts