Honda Fury Forums: banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Premium Member
2,063 Posts
When discussing my new motorcycle with a co-worker he said he had seen that blue bike in the parking lot and wanted to know did I drive to Orange County, NY. to pick it up :D .

· Registered
200 Posts
Stopped at a local coffee shop on the way to work. While I'm drinkin my coffee this guy comes up and says, "What kind of bike is that?" And I reply that "It's a Honda!" He walks off in disbelieve shaking his head and repeating what I told him. It was hilarious!!!

· Registered
172 Posts
I was at bike night last night and parked the Fury next to some custom choppers. Went inside for a bite to eat and came out and found a crowd surrounding it. It had gotten dark and for my own amusement hit the LED remotes. They all jumped back two feet. This guy with a ton of Harley gear on looked at me and said it must be yours. I said sure is waiting for the anti metric comments.
He looks me dead in the eye and says "I wish I had of known this thing was coming out. Wonder if they will take a street glide in trade?".

· Registered
15 Posts
You're not going to believe this 2 things happened today.

We went to get gas and pulled up at the pumps.As i was filling my tank 2 other bikes pulled in and they came right over to my Fury and said what an awesome looking bike.1 guy was riding a Yamaha and the other a new Sportster.They asked me what it was and I told them it was a Honda Fury.The guy with the Sportster said if I new this bike was out there I would never had bought this F***in Harley Davidson. Then we went to get a bite to eat at a local pizza place not knowing the were having a car and bike show.We just pulled in and parked at the end.Went inside to have lunch came back outside and put on our lids and some guy came running over to us and said we can't leave I won a trophy.I told the guy we were not in the show that we just stopped for pizza.He said its to late the people voted and I WON.When we left we laughed all the way home.ONLY IN NEW YORK.

· Registered
2 Posts
A different reaction....

Sounds like great reactions everywhere. Great looking bike. I am in Northwest Arkansas. I am seriously thinking about getting this bike. However, my wife thinks I should save the money for retirement....... Any advice to convince her to get the bike????? I have a dealer in Arkansas with an $11,599 OTD price tag.

· Registered
158 Posts
My advice is worth $0, but...
If you're younger and don't have a lot saved away for retirement, and if you believe that the economy's already hit bottom, this would be a good time to invest that money.
On the other hand, I have a relative who saved his entire life and then retired. He's in comfortable (not lavish) retirement. He used to tell me how he'd go into a Harley dealer to look around, but he never did learn to ride a motorcycle. He had a stroke a few years ago and now 'normal' physical activity is not something that he will ever be able to do again. There's no Harley in his future now, never.
Sometimes you have to weigh the future against what you can do now while you're able to..
Two tough sides to weigh out..

My Fury reaction story from a few days ago:
I was getting ready to leave the supermarket when an elderly gentleman on an Avocado colored scooter pulled up (he was tastefully wearing a matching Avocado colored vest). He gets off and comes over just giggling uncontrollably. The kind of laughter when you're slapping your forehead in disbelief. The whole time he's talking and asking questions he can't stop giggling and looking wide eyed at the bike.. I didn't know if I was going to have to call 911 if he has a heart attack right there from the excitement !
Later on after I left his reaction reminded me of the expression of happy kids peddling on their 'Big Wheel' trikes. Maybe that's part of what this is.. rolling along happily with that Big Wheel prominently stuck out there in front of us, happy as can be :)

Sounds like great reactions everywhere. Great looking bike. I am in Northwest Arkansas. I am seriously thinking about getting this bike. However, my wife thinks I should save the money for retirement....... Any advice to convince her to get the bike????? I have a dealer in Arkansas with an $11,599 OTD price tag.

· Registered
48 Posts
dewitt55

You never know what tomorrow has in store for us. You have a great out the door price. Get it out of your system then sell the bike. I have yet to see a used one but I would imagine resale will be pretty good for the near future. Can't imagin a couple of grand making that much difference in retirement anyway;) Life is to short to sit on the sidelines:cool:

· Registered
1 Posts
I don't have a Fury and had no intentions of having one. Heck i didn't even know what the bike was till i walked in the local stealership yesterday. Since then i've joined this forum read all kinds of info about it and have began trying to talk the wife into one. It may not be till spring but i will have one! Honda knocked it out of the park with this bike!!

· Registered
559 Posts
I don't have a Fury and had no intentions of having one. Heck i didn't even know what the bike was till i walked in the local stealership yesterday. Since then i've joined this forum read all kinds of info about it and have began trying to talk the wife into one. It may not be till spring but i will have one! Honda knocked it out of the park with this bike!!
Yeah well let me tell you something my friend. I told my fiance 2 weeks ago I would get one late March - Early April. I plan on sticking to my guns on that one. The only problem is I took delivery of it last Friday. She wasnt happy at all until yesterday when she got to ride on the back.

· Registered
248 Posts

Just tell her you plan on working until you die...no need to save for retirement if there is not going to be one! Look.... I’m one of these people who believes in living life. You could save for retirement for 30 years and then die 5 years before you're eligible. I actually took money out of my 401K to pay for my Fury.... and I'm lovin' every minute of it. Oh.... and by the way, I'll be 60 my next birthday and have no plans of retiring. To me retiring is not living...and I want to live till I die! Get your Fury man!!!

· Registered
151 Posts
I was riding my fury from Ann Arbor back to the Soo and noticed a white pick-up behind me was following me. A little while later, I was starting to run out of gas, and found a station to fill up, and that same white pick-up came in right after me. The guy got out of the truck, walked up to me and said he saw me on the highway and followed me for 80 miles so he could check out the bike. I told him it was a Honda Fury. He was stunned. he said "I can't believe I just followed a honda for 80 miles! Nice bike!"

On that same ride, I had to stop a few more times on the way up for gas, and every time I stopped, there were at least 2 or 3 people who stopped to take a look at the bike and talk about it.

· Registered
53 Posts
I get all kinds of people walking up to me and asking me about my " custom " bike! When I tell them its a honda no one believes me. Went on a poker run last week of about 100 bikes. 98% of them were Harley's! I got a lot of compliments. One old timer even came up and talked to me a while about it and walked away saying ( those japs )! Chicks love it too. First passenger on it was a topless chick!:D

· Registered
104 Posts
I get all kinds of people walking up to me and asking me about my " custom " bike! When I tell them its a honda no one believes me. Went on a poker run last week of about 100 bikes. 98% of them were Harley's! I got a lot of compliments. One old timer even came up and talked to me a while about it and walked away saying ( those japs )! Chicks love it too. First passenger on it was a topless chick!:D
We would appreciate photo evidence of the topless chick. :)

· Premium Member
818 Posts
That's the way to roll. :D
T

· Registered
92 Posts
I got my bike the first day of Americade and then promptly drove to Lake George (home) to cruise. This was the first Fury that most of them had seen. Received a large number of comments from both the Gold Wing crowd and the Harley crowd.

Have gone on two charity runs since then and received compliments on the bike where ever I go. It is cool to have a line of bikes in a parking lot and have the crowd gathered around the Fury.

An article I read referred to the Fury as 2 wheel bling and it sure is.

Proud owner of Blue number 57. :D

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.