Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are these slip on exhaust tips and do you have to cut and weld these together before installing these tips..The instructions is showing you do. Anyone have these could give me some info and if they like them or not.

THanks Fellas:rolleyes:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Are these slip on exhaust tips and do you have to cut and weld these together before installing these tips..The instructions is showing you do. Anyone have these could give me some info and if they like them or not.

THanks Fellas:rolleyes:
Im not sure however if your looking for slip on IMO the vance and hines look way better

·
Premium Member
2,174 Posts
Yes they are slip ons. I was going to go this route when I first got my Fury and I was going to go with the Vance Hines. Do a You Tube search and you can listen to both. IMO the VH's sound way better. The Reapers have a ping to them.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I have the Reapers and for me they work good for several reasons. One I like the small strait pipe look. It also gives more room between the passenger foot peg. Sometimes I don't catch what my wife has on for shoes and I found plastic melts around heat. Now I don't have to worry as much. I can't really tell how they sound from a video clip from the distortion. I do like the sound of the reapers but do not know how V&H sound.
Looking at the V&H you can tell the must have a deeper sound by the way they look. More construction and a name that has been around a while.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Love the sound and look of the Raw Reapers. hardest part was getting the OEM exhaust off the pipes and sanding for the Reaper collars. There is no wiggle room with the collars. Other than that......sound is very throaty and yes a lil ping in it.....but that sound is what sets it apart from the others and ...yes....its a good thing.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Love the sound and look of the Raw Reapers. hardest part was getting the OEM exhaust off the pipes and sanding for the Reaper collars. There is no wiggle room with the collars. Other than that......sound is very throaty and yes a lil ping in it.....but that sound is what sets it apart from the others and ...yes....its a good thing.
I used a file one but the bottom pipe I had to hit a little with a grinder. I think I spent the most time trying to get the stock exhaust bracket wiggled out between the frame and swing arm.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Raw Designs has some nice products for the fury, and I think they will expand their offerings in the future.
In my opinion, the Reaper tips are not one of them. They are too small in diameter and length, I look at the reapers and I am drawn to the gap between the pipes, and the naked swingarm. Raw does make a nice looking swingarm cover to combat this. If they ever offer the drive shaft cover in chrome as well, I'll purchase both.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I have the swing arm cover but haven't put it on yet. I am not sure that I will if it makes the bike look loop sided.
But if you look at some of MFR pipes the hole swing arm is uncovered and it don't look bad.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Im not sure however if your looking for slip on IMO the vance and hines look way better
I concur; plus, they do a somewhat better job of covering-up the swingarm. Just my two-bits......................

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts