Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Honda Fury
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the length of the rear brake hose, and how easy it is to access? It looks very buried inside of the bike. I gave my best search on forum and didn't get what I was looking for. Also, has anyone switched this to stainless, and improved the brake feel?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I'm not sure of the length, but access is pretty easy. 1 bolt holds the junction block on the inside of the frame, a couple of clips to hold it stationary. I have stainless braided on my bike and didn't really feel much different, other than the grin it gave me cause it looked so freaking good.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Fury
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the reply! This will be the last mod on my bike, but when I do it I will come back here and put an exact size for the future. My braking has always felt nonexistent... Not sure if it was because it's a chopper, or old rubber hoses, or forward controls, or because my last bike was a gsxr1000. I doubt I could lock up the front wheel if I tried. Maybe that's not a bad thing haha.

I know the stock line is like 3pcs, so I will find total replace length and update.

·
Registered
2010 Fury
38 Posts
In an attempt to 'manage' your expectations, in terms of improving your brakes. I have fitted Venhill stainless steel hose at the front and a HEL kit to the rear. Yes there is a slight improvement in brake feel but no improvement in performance. This ain't no GSXR sports machine, it needs to be ridden accordingly ;) . If the brakes were too good they would overwhelm the laid back chopper suspension.
My recommendation is to relax, slow down and enjoy the low riding vibe.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I appreciate the reply! This will be the last mod on my bike, but when I do it I will come back here and put an exact size for the future. My braking has always felt nonexistent... Not sure if it was because it's a chopper, or old rubber hoses, or forward controls, or because my last bike was a gsxr1000. I doubt I could lock up the front wheel if I tried. Maybe that's not a bad thing haha.

I know the stock line is like 3pcs, so I will find total replace length and update.
The master cylinders that are manufacturerd with most of the forward controls, (in my opinion) do not perform as well as factory. Let me guess which ones you have, are they Accutronix? Changing the lines will keep it from swelling, when applied, but I don't think it will give you the feel your anticipating.

·
Registered
2010 Honda Fury
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The master cylinders that are manufacturerd with most of the forward controls, (in my opinion) do not perform as well as factory. Let me guess which ones you have, are they Accutronix? Changing the lines will keep it from swelling, when applied, but I don't think it will give you the feel your anticipating.
Im not entirely sure, it all came with the bike. I can't tell if it's all stock polished aluminum, or aftermarket. If I had to guess based on owners apparent preference, I think it's accutronix. The lines are 10 years old so I'll see how they feel here shortly after switched to SS.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
The reason most of the forward controls feel bad compared to the factory set up is because the size of the master cylinder is different. Also aftermarket master cylinders on forward controls tend to use HD sizing, typically 5/8, 11/16 & 3/4 inch pistons. That's why I went with Supreme Legends forwards for my ABS bike as Bill makes his own master cylinders and he made one the same size as the stock ABS master cylinder. The result is my brakes function the same as stock but I have the extra room from +3" forwards.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
It's worth mentioning that the Non ABS bike's rear master cylinder is close to 5/8 and most after market forwards use a 3/4 piston.

The ABS bike's master cylinder is 11/16 and that is what Supreme build their ABS forwards with. Out of interest Supreme forwards for Non ABS Furys used to use a 3/4 piston but in later production they switched to 11/16 which improved brake feel and performance.

If someone wanted to trawl through all the aftermarket master cyclinders you could find a 5/8 rear master cylinder as that size is common on the lower cost HD forwards. My guess is that it would probably fit most forwards as they all seem to use HD sizing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts