Honda Fury Forums: banner

Where do you stand?

Rear Fender Options

6K views 38 replies 22 participants last post by  RedspawnSilver 
#1 ·
This idea is compliments of Gar

#3 ·
I said it before when I first saw it and I'll say it again. I think Tony's mod. will get its true due respect as more time goes by and it will proven to be the #1 modification within fury owners and this forum. This mod. has dramatically changed the one flaw ion the fury that was so obvious to all. I plan on doing it the next rain weekend I have.

#4 ·
Undecided on what to do. I like Tony's mod, but I am not confident enough in my abilities to do that myself so it kinda takes the saving money aspect out of it for me. Love the Sumo X kit but I can't afford it and if I could my wife would have my nuts if I spent that on a mod. L&M spring I like also. I'm so confused :confused:

#5 ·
Tony's Mod

I have done Tony's mod. Super easy as long as you have a mig welder. I did the mod in about an hour or so, if that. Measure twice, cut once. Tack and measure it is how you want it and finish the weld. I got a little bit 'chop happy' and dropped my fender about 2.5", an extra half inch. Easy to do and looks great!

#6 ·
I have done Tony's mod. Super easy as long as you have a mig welder. I did the mod in about an hour or so, if that. Measure twice, cut once. Tack and measure it is how you want it and finish the weld. I got a little bit 'chop happy' and dropped my fender about 2.5", an extra half inch. Easy to do and looks great!
Same here Canoesmasher, I can actually walk around my entire bike and not have to ignore the back part of my bike anymore.

#12 ·
Thats my thought, someone needs to consider producing a rear fender that fits the cut framework. I will be cutting before long, looking for someone I trust to weld.

#9 ·
can anyone that has done the mod and has a Honda backrest with pad tell me how it is, I'm interested in doing this mod but I do have my wife that rides with me on ocassion and from the pictures I have seen it seems that there is a decent amount of back lean so I'm wondering how much your significant other has complained if at all, Thanks.

#13 ·
Bighitter: didn't you do the cut and weld and put a lowering spring in also? i'm not for sure what i'm going to do yet but just trying to see if it's going to be uncomfortable for the wife if i do that mod, if it's uncomfortable i'll probably just leave it stock as i want the lady to be comfortable also when riding, thanks.

#15 ·
With so many roads in such crappy conditions where I live, in wisconsin it would definately be asking for trouble. The scoot is low enough to the ground already. And if you have to make an emergency manuever, you don't want any metal scraping the road. Tony's mod fixes the only real issue with the looks.;)

#18 ·
Crap,
I don't know what to do but I gotta do something. $4000 is to much, I want to do Tony's mod but I want a fatter tire. Low and means rear fender looks like the exact same size as the stock but I think they just made it cover the sides more. It needs to drop in the rear. Someone needs to make a thinner fender along with Tony's mod. That would make the tire look fatter. Yea, Someone do that and I am in.
Can't stand looking at that rear end. That's half the reason I got the swing arm bag. Make's the rear end look lower and fatter.

#19 ·
Tony Fender mod REDUX..

Had to cut the welds and raise mine back up another 1/8th of and inch. (I went too far down):mad:
The C & C Seat was causing the fender to start bowing on the sides..:(
Just finished re-welding and now waiting for the paint to dry.. I need lunch...:eek:
T

#22 ·
To be more clear, I added "(Tony's)" to option #5. If this changes anyones vote, let me know and I will make it right. Or, if you want to keep it the same and eliminate the "Tony" I can also do that. Your call:)

I have lowered the fender (Tony's) and the spring.

#32 ·
New lights

After mounting the original turn signals on the rear fender and looking long and hard and still have no brake light , There just to dang big . I received these today . Front and rear dual function led's . My brake light and large o.e.m. signals problem is solved . Will install by weekend , cant wait . And by the way , the tony mod is awsome .

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.