Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has attempted/successfully removed the reflectors on the rear fender? I just purchased a sissy bar from Ginz Choppers (will post pics after i get it in and installed) and i was wondering if it would be easy to remove? And on a related note, has anyone successfully removed the decals on the rear fender?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Its all just stickers and the reflectors are 2 sided tape, just soak in goo gone and almost cut it off with dental floss

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will the goo gone not mess up the paint?

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
I use WD40 and soak it a bit. Then grab it and twist back and forth until it pops off. Then use Goo Gone to clean up. Last... warm water and dawn. Done!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Nope won't hurt it at all. For the reflectors some guys just run fishing wire behind the reflectors, then pick off the tape and goo-gone the residue. I removed all reflectors, badges on chrome side covers, and all stickers. The stickers are the harder thing too remove, takes alot of patience. You can soften them up with a hair dryer too. Don't use a heat gun it is too hot and may damage the panels, unless you're really sure of yourself.

Listen to Painter too ^^^^^He knows his stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts