Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this youtube sound bit of the new FSD Exhaust for the Fury...i got mine on...sounds awesome!!!...ill post a better sound bit of mine asap!!!...
Could any1 help with this rear fender.... this bike is on his website...some thought it cought be doctored up with a photo editing program...after watching this video...i thinks its real

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
Oh yea, its real.

I think that the fender is a Barron custom that has been blended into the frame.
I am working with one of theirs on me bike now.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
For some reason I cant play the vid??
But the snap shot looks kick ass! I would defiantly have that fender if I was planning on just being a solo rider. Probably a much cheaper route then getting a sumo. The 200 tire is a wide tire IMO. Honda just made the fender look bad. I would have gone this route if it was available a few months back instead of getting the sumo.
Wish I could watch the damn video!

Figured out how to watch it! Notice the battery problem?! Love the fender! Exhaust.... Not a fan. Sounds good though.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Exactly what I noticed first (besides the chick).
That's exactly how my Fury will re-start if stopped after a long, hot ride and started soon after.
Yea, yea........I noticed the girl first too!! Then the starting problem!;)
O.k, I noticed the fender first.:eek:
I wonder. If it wont start the first two tries then how does it have enough juice to fire it up on the third?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
I wonder. If it wont start the first two tries then how does it have enough juice to fire it up on the third?
I think it's a back-pressure thing, not a battery thing.
I think when you shut off an engine, it can suck in the exhaust when it shuts down.

And, therefore, I wonder if pipes with proper baffles have this issue! If baffles are restrictive for outbound exhaust, I have to imagine they're resistive to pulling in exhaust at shutoff.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
No baffles in my cobra swepts, no starting issues.

I like the fender as well. Would like to see how they blended it in to the frame.

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Is it just me or is the rear rim chrome and the front is still stock ???

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah looks superb, only wonder what has happened with the shock, hardtail perhaps?

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Could have pulled the shock and simply welded a pipe in its place.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I called Frankie and he told me they started out using round bar to make a frame then used fiberglass resin to fill it in... when the stater gets warm it has a hard time starting..at least mine does somtimes

1 - 17 of 17 Posts