Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since I will not be getting the Sumo-x in my near future. What kind of blank fender would fit the Fury? I would like to get a custom fender for the rear instead of the Low and Mean. L&M rear fender is ok but I dont want the plate on the fender. After I get the shock from them I want to cut my own and start from scratch. Anyone have a good place to start?

·
Banned
622 Posts
ebay 9 inch steel fender...... bout hundred bucks all u need to do is section and roll the fender at the seat so it mounts like stock.....u will need a drill and grinder with a cut off wheel and go to the parts house and buy a hammer and dollie set 19.99 autozone.... once u have the shapethat matches factory you can cut the tail the way u want it i would suggest cutting of the rear skelaton and buy struts for fender for support so u can place it as close to tire as u want or its still gonna sit where the stock does now....im welding mine to the wing arm that way its independent from the bike and can sit where ever i want it like a tru chopper

·
Registered
2 Posts
How to get rid of taillight

I want to have a side mount l-plate get rid of the bottom crap.... How do I do this ??? Any easy ways???

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I want to have a side mount l-plate get rid of the bottom crap.... How do I do this ??? Any easy ways???
It's very easy, if it was me i would remove the rear tail light section and use a dremel to cut off the metal tube bracket that extends down to the license plate (doesn't matter where you cut it just as long as it's not seen after you cut off the plastic for the license plate) and then use a cut off wheel to cut the plastic off that sticks down for the license plate, don't cut it to close because you want to be able to sand it down to get that smooth bottom below the tail light.

None of it is hard at all it's just a little time consuming because you want to take your time and make it as close to perfect as possible.

Another thing that would help you if you had one would be a belt sander and you could use that to sand the bottom plastic part below the tail light.

I know I had told you before to look for "******* license plate removal" but I looked at the thread and it doesn't actually show you step by step how to do anything, but once you remove the back fender and remove the tail light section you should see better what has to be done.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Check my thread MODS, MODS, MODS. I built one that attaches to the side of rear fender frame. I painted it black and on my bike is hardly noticeable. It's made of hollow tubing so it is easy to run wires if you want to put lights on the plate. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts