Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed my side mount plate bracket (yeah I know, real hard) and am ready to chop the rear plate mount and plate light off. Have questions for the experts. I am clear on removing the fender and all.

1. Where, or how far back, did you cut the metal support bar ?

2. How did you cut the plastic so clear as to not make it look all beat up ?

3. Can I use the wires that run to the original plate light to hook up the new light ?

4. Any tips or tricks to this ?

5. Anyone have a tutorial with pics ? I looked through the site and only found bits and pieces, and ended up getting confused on the wiring colors.

6. How much beer do I need ?

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
start your cutting small, you can always take off more if needed. I used a Dremel at first to cut the plastic, but then found that a box cutter with a new blade worked just fine. To cut the metal tube, i used a sawz all. Since i have had my Fury, i have attacked the rear plate holder and bracket at least 4 different times. Now the tubes are only as long as the turn signals, as the T-Mod wouldnt allow me to have the stock tail there any longer.

And yes, you can use the exsisting wires to run your plate lamps. Good luck running them in a clean fashion.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Mfr is the guy to contact. If you even wanna get ride of the lollipop indicators, mfr builds intergraded signals for stock lamps. You might wanna pay and swap before you start cutting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts