Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys, newbie on a Fury. I need to add rear footpegs but can't see where they should mount?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
If your bike is a newer model, Honda stopped including rear passenger pegs and
20141104_155913.jpg
rear seats a couple years ago. Or if used, maybe the previous owner removed them. You'll need to order the peg brackets from Honda.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks, I have an older bike, but no rear pegs. could you get me a better view of the mounting points? I guess I will have to order in.

·
Registered
387 Posts
You must have bought your Fury used...and the previous owner must have cut off the welded on to the frame footpeg tabs.
It's pretty obvious , and very ugly where Honda is leaving the welded mount, but at least they are there should someone wants to add pegs AND rear seat.
Screenshot_20200131-150739_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200131-150650_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
387 Posts
They're not welded on. Two bolts on the backside. View attachment 235786
Good info...did not know. Thanks.

I just went out in the garage and checked it out , and you are right.

The original poster has to reach behind the frame and find the 2 mounting holes.

I've been to the Honda showroom and seen the exposed brackets...surprised that they leave them on and looking ugly. Seems like the sharp edges would be a liability.

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
Good info...did not know. Thanks.

I just went out in the garage and checked it out , and you are right.

The original poster has to reach behind the frame and find the 2 mounting holes.

I've been to the Honda showroom and seen the exposed brackets...surprised that they leave them on and looking ugly. Seems like the sharp edges would be a liability.
Yeah...l took mine off, cut the Honda peg mount off, had them chrome plated, and installed some Harley style peg mounts so I could use pretty much any pegs I wanted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hello guys, newbie on a Fury. I need to add rear footpegs but can't see where they should mount?
[/QUOTE
There are 2 peg support mounting holes located approximately 4" above the frame on both sides in front of the rear wheel and hidden in the wheel well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts