Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have cut down the stock rear light/plate assemply to just the lights. I also cut down the metal support bracket. I love the looks but the fender does appear to be to high. I think if the light assembly was painted to match the fender then it would appear lower w/a built in light.

How do I get the factory Honda silver like the bike?
What is the best way to paint plastic?
Also how would you suggest filling the gap left by removing the plate light?

Oh one more....those with side plate mounts how did you run the wires for the plate light if you put one on? What light did you use? Are the LED light bolts easy to use/wire?

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
I have cut down the stock rear light/plate assemply to just the lights. I also cut down the metal support bracket. I love the looks but the fender does appear to be to high. I think if the light assembly was painted to match the fender then it would appear lower w/a built in light.

How do I get the factory Honda silver like the bike?
What is the best way to paint plastic?
Also how would you suggest filling the gap left by removing the plate light?

Oh one more....those with side plate mounts how did you run the wires for the plate light if you put one on? What light did you use? Are the LED light bolts easy to use/wire?
The paint color code is under the seat of the bike.
If your painting plastic, you would be better served with a paint for plastic surfaces, otherwise it may peel.

On the wiring for the side mounted plate. I used heat shrink tubing to cover the wire and ran the wire under the swing arm up through the fender to the factory wiring harness. I put the heat shrinked wire in 1/8 inch plastic tubing in the fender well over the fender back to the harness. I used the factory connector so there is a disconnect. If you have the Accutronics plate I recommend putting a disconnect within the plate mount. (It opens up with 4 hex screws) If a tire has to be removed there is a disconnect for the side plate.
The wire under the swing arm is held in by sticky clips that you can get at a hardware store. It hides the wire great. I paint mine black to match the swing arm.

Hope that helps
T

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Yes. The colorrite paint will work as you do not need (nor could find) a 'fusion plastic' paint to match. :(

In the 'Metallic Silver Paint Code Thread' I gave the PPG code that does match. This paint can be had from any PPG jobber in as small as 1/2 Pint. I think there are basic directions located here as well. Also the PPG would be cheaper and mixed while you wait. ;)

Hope this helps. :)

ALSO: Most all of today's automotive paints do not need a 'flex additive' to be used on plastic. None of PPG, Dupont need an additive. Proper Prep is the key!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
The touch up I got (shop got me I should say) is from a company called Color Rite and is in a 2 oz bottle with the brush like car touch ups. sticker states 2914 Honda R337M Bordeaux Red Metallic.

I have only used it for a small chin spoiler spot a rock gave me and it matched perfectly.

They do have this in larger if you needed to paint a fender or something.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Painter - how would I find a "PPG jobber" locally? Will the can have some sore of propellant so I can spray the parts if not any idea on how to do this? Also If I remove the side markers it leaves a nice dimple on the side of the black housing. Any idea on how to fill those, maybe epoxy or something?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Painter - how would I find a "PPG jobber" locally? Will the can have some sore of propellant so I can spray the parts if not any idea on how to do this? Also If I remove the side markers it leaves a nice dimple on the side of the black housing. Any idea on how to fill those, maybe epoxy or something?
Any good body shop supply store will sell PPG products & they can put it in an aerosol can for you.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Any good body shop supply store will sell PPG products & they can put it in an aerosol can for you.
Accutronix is right. Go to a good bodyshop or yellow pages and look for PPG Auto Paints. Not only can they do what Accutronix says but also direct you to the proper fillers and maybe give you good suggestions on HOW TO. Take your part with you if you can. Give them the PPG Silver code and go to town.

Good Luck.

Thanks Accutronix...I think I was sleeping... ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.