Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been thinking of this since i read the original post......... So I cut out 3/16" and got 1 1/2" drop at the rear fender tip, FYI- loss of only 1/4" clearance above rear tire, which was my biggest concern. but not no more:D

My wieght is a buck n a half, on lowest shock load setting with my ass in the seat she drops rear fender tip 1/2".

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
so how did you decide where to cut? did you basically cut a "v" out after you decided where to cut and then pushed the fender frame down and then weld it back together? any issues with the fender bowing or buckling? seat still attached back without issues?

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I used the original post as a referance point and his numbers, but i had already done the shock mod to lower 1 1/2" so i didnt want as much as he got. it has not been welded yet thats tm but put it back together and i have no fender bowing

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
I used the original post as a referance point and his numbers, but i had already done the shock mod to lower 1 1/2" so i didnt want as much as he go. it has not been welded yet thats tm but put it back together and i have no fender bowing
nice pics after your done of the fender not "bowing"...

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, to answer 2nd ?.... the seat fit back with a lil preasure to rebolt but no other probs. will post progress pics tm afternoon while i welding final results

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I been thinking of this since i read the original post......... So I cut out 3/16" and got 1 1/2" drop at the rear fender tip, FYI- loss of only 1/4" clearance above rear tire, which was my biggest concern. but not no more:D

My wieght is a buck n a half, on lowest shock load setting with my ass in the seat she drops rear fender tip 1/2".
I might be dropping my Fury off at your place come summer time if my step dad doesn't get around to this :D

I'm not old enough to buy you a beer like everyone else does, but I'm sure we could work something out :rolleyes:

·
Registered
886 Posts
I might be dropping my Fury off at your place come summer time if my step dad doesn't get around to this :D

I'm not old enough to buy you a beer like everyone else does, but I'm sure we could work something out :rolleyes:
not old enough to buy a beer yet you have a fury?!? dude, you ROCK!!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rear structural mod Pics

I put her back together for pics for who is interested.

1. no buckles in fender
2. push pins at front of fender work fine
3. all bolt holes line up fine
4. MyFuryRide looks Bad!!!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And Done!!!!

Here she is

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
still

another pic

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks good, this is what Honda should of done in the first place. Only problem I could see is if you want to change the fender in the future to an after market style or different seat. Or even go with air ride setup you could not without seriously modifying each part.
I know all you guys want the bike to look low and possible and still have the function. I think our air ride shock will be the answer for you in the coming months. Those that do not cut your bike and install our air ride will be able to slam the bike lower then everyone cutting their Fury's, that's because you have the travel under the frame.
If you do not want to cut your Honda Fury our Honda Fury Lowered Rear Spring is a great solution.

For those that do cut the bike, hopefully Honda see what works and changes their design?? Can only hope.

LM

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good, this is what Honda should of done in the first place. Only problem I could see is if you want to change the fender in the future to an after market style or different seat. Or even go with air ride setup you could not without seriously modifying each part.
I know all you guys want the bike to look low and possible and still have the function. I think our air ride shock will be the answer for you in the coming months. Those that do not cut your bike and install our air ride will be able to slam the bike lower then everyone cutting their Fury's, that's because you have the travel under the frame.
If you do not want to cut your Honda Fury our Honda Fury Lowered Rear Spring is a great solution.

For those that do cut the bike, hopefully Honda see what works and changes their design?? Can only hope.

LM
Are you going to (give) us your spring for next to nothing? because that is why we do the things we do to save money, yes your spring would mean no cutting but I don't think you can slam much lower then what I have with out going hard tail. I am down to 3" travel and that is not much, I could be wrong. And maybe $10.00 outta pocket.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Looks great. I'm next.

Tony Fury cut his fender last weekend and I'll be the next to do it. Just waiting on my Raw LED tail light first so I can do everything at once. He cut 1/4 inch and lowered the rear by 2 inches.

:) And Low and Mean, his fenders holes all still align which means he will be able to keep his aftermarket seat and Honda sissybars just fine thank you.
Honestly i would rather cut and weld than go searching for a shop press to change out my shock spring plus the $100 bucks cost

·
Premium Member
749 Posts

LM

Well Low and Mean…….. Maybe if you guys didn't take so long to get your products out people like me won't feel the need to try things like this. Yes the bike needs to be lowered. Yes the rear fender looks funny. But sorry my mod fixed both of those problems. I will not be ordering your rear fender or air fide or your spring any more. My mod was free…… It takes under 2hrs and looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Oh yah. I forgot to mention that my mod changed the bikes looks drastically but it did not change the ride one bit. It has the same ground clearance. And once again FREE

·
Registered
773 Posts
Whaoo guys it's all good here. We are not here to bash or say what your doing is wrong, but to offer other options. Please don't read into our words as a threat or a call your mod unnecessary. We did say this should of been done by Honda. We do think it's a cool mod, and again what your wanting in the end is the same as us, a slammed out look and a nice ride. Your Mod might be free for you, but not everyone is a garage junky like you guys. People want more options and that's why we are all here.
Sorry our crap is slow, but this is the nature of the beast, we are hear to create quality products you would want to buy.

Thanks for checking us out.
LM

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MyFuryRide did you do both mod's the L&M Spring and the fender mod?
No, i cant afford the L&m spring. Going threw divorce, I drilled the shock and shaved the swing arm, that dropped me 1 1/2" ride height. then i cut the fender structural support and dropped fender 1 1/2". all together the bike looks 3" lower in the rear. put it next to the dealers brand new gloss black Fury the day after and its an unbelievable difference. for less then 10 bucks.

BTW If you all like my Fury, here is what i have done,
$5 license plate thingy (autozone)
$5 Led pod to light the plate (autozone)
$16 Led rear turn lights (autozone)
$45 Led incorporated mirrors used (unknown maker)
$40 used Harley exhaust
$80? i think for the OEM sissy bar
$3 can gloss Black Paint (which is not empty yet)
I adjusted my valves and never been inside a bike motor:cool:(thank you dude who did the furyforum post)
I painted my bat cover and other side chromes
I installed and preformed all mods
Welded fabed all brackets for pipes
raised plate and cut plated holder plastic with utility knife (cut metal with 4" cutoff wheel)
Rear fender mod (TONY)
Shock mod (another DUDE)

One day I want to get Cobra swepts, Raw led rears lights, and the coinair air cleaner. and if they are all used, so be it, a scratch? gives it character!! Maybe i will stand on a street corner holding a sign saying (getting DIVORCED please help) What you all think about that idea??????

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
looks good. I am still planning the sumo X this winter, assuming the black cherry big dog mastiff I looked at yesterday don't replace my bike. I would get HOSED on all my mods but damned if I don't want a 6th gear and that 117 CI motor isn't shabby either. funny thing is it looks almost just like a fury with a sumo x kit.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.