Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok our bikes has a 200/50-18 stock right.
would the 210/40-18 that come factory on the yamaha raider and new stryker fit with no problems. my buddy is asking as the dealer said the 210/40-18 is cheaper then the 200/50-18.
i know it will clear the swingarm. but not sure on rim fitment. i think it might be ok its only 10mm wider. with a lower profile.

let me know.

I like to help save him some money
O yeah and its a slow black fury, only the dark red ones are fast. well after i get done with it for sure. lol

·
Registered
364 Posts
everything should fit fine. only issue you will have is the speedo will be a hair off and the back of the bike will sit barely noticeably lower. the sensors are calibrated to pick the speed of off the transmission, and changing to a smaller profile tire will make it ready slower that you are going, by a hair. not sure if 10mm will make that huge of a difference though.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
If im not mistaken MFR has the lower profile tire and it did lower his bike but he has said it is wearing funny. Might want to PM him and ask.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
I went with a Metzeler ME880 210/40R18 to give it a little wider look and lower profile on the stock chromed rim. The only issue is the ground clearance. Some speed bumps can be a problem.

IMG_1328.jpg

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Wider Rear Rim

Why hasn’t anyone made a stock looking wider rear rim for the fury yet? One that would accept a wider tire but wouldn’t require a new tail section and new fender. I would like a wider tire but it doesn’t have to be a 300+. This has been brought up in the past and still thing it would be a great solution. A 220 or 240 would be just fine for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I too have switched over to a Metzeler ME880 210/40R18 and it looks awesome.
I have that combined with the L & M lowering spring and 1" fork extenders, so my bike sits pretty low. It takes some getting used to dragging in sharp turns.

The only down side is that the tire guys had a hell of a time getting the tire on the stock rim. The side walls are so small and ridged that it makes it a pain.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool thanks guys. my buddy said he'll deal with the handling changes. anything to save some money so he can go to FL for xmas and ride.

when i go for my 250 setup. im looking at the dunlop stock style tire. I like how my dunlop has been wearing, just about 1/2 inch on the sides never touched the ground yet. I drag parts before i can lean that far. LOL im still used to my GSXR750 i used to wear out the edges before the center of the tire. I used to lean that bike so far that i would only have about 1/4 inch of tire on the front never touch the ground. now thats pushing it. knee down and hitting the turns. that was my style of riding. now its all slow and style.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Why hasn’t anyone made a stock looking wider rear rim for the fury yet? One that would accept a wider tire but wouldn’t require a new tail section and new fender. I would like a wider tire but it doesn’t have to be a 300+. This has been brought up in the past and still thing it would be a great solution. A 220 or 240 would be just fine for me.

I was bugging RC Components to do it... basically they told me it would cost too much to retool for the one rim... although, the raider I think has the same size back tire as ours... figure 2 semi-popular bike would do it... probably won't get a custom rim from the shop until a 3rd or 4th bike comes out with the same size unfortunately... Probably an American bike too... :(

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
For the price just send the rim to Kosman . Then the put a 240 rear tire and the fender and swing arm will gladly accept it .

·
Registered
438 Posts
For the price just send the rim to Kosman . Then the put a 240 rear tire and the fender and swing arm will gladly accept it .
It would be nicer if you could get the 210 in a 50 series tire. I find that my bike is already travelling slower than the speedometer indicated speed. At least it is according to my Garmin GPS. All changes that lower the bike will result in this getting worse not better.

A web site that help in determining tire size modifications is here:
Tire size calculator

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
It should not make a difference if you lower the bike.
If you change the tire height then because of more or less revolutions you will change the stock speedo.
It does not matter if you raise or lower the bike any other way.

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
i thought there were some that actually put the 240 on the stock rim , like l&m did .
that rim is cut in half and modified to fit the 240.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Ok.......I think we have the back tire covered now. Next ??????? Does anybody run a bigger(fatter) tire upfront? Thought it might look more aggressive if it too was wider.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I have done my research on this and talked to Chris from low and mean a few times but his video on Youtube can best explain any questions you have and also give the difference in tire sizes.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
that rim is cut in half and modified to fit the 240.
No, they added onto the rim to put it up to 240... From 6.25 to 7"...

Kurt runs a 120/70R-21 on a 3.5"x21" wheel on this bike.
I've thought about this, but I was thinking it would hit the L&M front fender with the minimal tire clearance...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Don't mean to change the subject but what do you guys think a wrap around cow catcher rear fender would look like on a fury?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts