·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To Patch or Not To Patch???that is the question

·
Premium Member
4,750 Posts
damn that sucks too because there is lots of tread left on that tire.

·
Registered
499 Posts
New tire time :(

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well its a toss up I think, between the SumoX and a new tire....

but the wallet says plug n patch. so we have a winner

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
well its a toss up I think, between the SumoX and a new tire....

but the wallet says plug n patch. so we have a winner
Yup... least you decided and I figured you'd go this direction with your job situation... but, later on if you change your mind, go with a Metz... you won't be sorry and you may rethink the SumoX thing as the 200 Metz alone gives it a bigger appearance than the Dun.

:D

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was hoping for plug and patch advice really, I have a full tire shop here in the garage and at my disposal, but he is a car tire man, he wasn't 100% sure about motorcycle tires.

·
Registered
394 Posts
To Patch or Not To Patch???that is the question
Everyone has different luck. A few years ago I put new tries on my H-D Ultra Classic & ran over a nail with the rear tire that very same day. Against my better judgment I plugged the tire with an $8.00 plug kit from AutoZone. I checked my tire pressure often & kept an eye on the plug. After around 9000 miles the cords were showing threw & the monsoon season was approaching so I decided to install new tires again. I personally never have had a problem with a plugged tire. However, for safety reasons, I recommend that you have a certified Honda tech install the best quality tire that is recommended for your bike.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That sucks... atleast you have more than 600 miles on the tire... had to replace my stock tire real early because of a sheet metal screw... I would replace the tire and save that one as a back up, but that is JMO

·
Premium Member
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AND..........DONE!!!!!

Mike 1 - Tire 0

Well after a $5 uni-patch and a few hours

I win!!!!

It didn't whoop me!!

Tho I have never tore apart a motorcycles rear end. I will admit I had a couple WTF :confused: am I doing moments and a 1 hr nap to get away from it. I am rolling again, and that is all that matters. :D

Thank you all for your input :)

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.