Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone found a decent looking set of rear signals (actual signals, not the RAW led kit) that mount into the stock rear turn signal mounts? I want to keep the stock black plastic piece in the back, cut off just below the running lights, but the OEM signals just aren't gettin' it back there, even with the bezelled kury replacement lenses; anyone put the little bullets or anything else on back there that looks good? Pics would be great or a link if already posted somewhere, thx ...

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Anyone found a decent looking set of rear signals (actual signals, not the RAW led kit) that mount into the stock rear turn signal mounts? I want to keep the stock black plastic piece in the back, cut off just below the running lights, but the OEM signals just aren't gettin' it back there, even with the bezelled kury replacement lenses; anyone put the little bullets or anything else on back there that looks good? Pics would be great or a link if already posted somewhere, thx ...
check out sea dawg in photo gallery i bought those at honda dealer..:D

·
Registered
358 Posts
I kept the lic holder but added the mini bullets, much smaller and cleaner looking. Clueless schooled me on used large washers to fill in the hole where the stock lights went, didn't want to use the black stock holders stuck out too far.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,731 Posts
Dave, get some Goo Gone and finish taking off that residue on your fender. What’s up with that man? Looks like something I’d do.:)

Stonewheel, I don’t have anything that has really jumped out at me. I’m sure you’ll find something cool. Your Fuggin pipes were at the shop when I picked up my bike Saturday. I can’t wait to see how it all comes together. Looks like “Fury of the Month” material!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good

Thx guys, those all look great - different light styles, unless clueless and gary have the same; couldn't quite tell. Could any (or all) of you advise me; did they just bolt on with no need for new brackets or fabbing or anything?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kept the lic holder but added the mini bullets, much smaller and cleaner looking. Clueless schooled me on used large washers to fill in the hole where the stock lights went, didn't want to use the black stock holders stuck out too far.
Gary, I wouldn't a thought sticking washers in the holes would look good, but those look great :) Could I trouble you for whatever additional info Clueless sent your way on proper washer science :)?

Or you yourself Clueless if you read this ...

·
Registered
358 Posts
SW - I don't remember what size they were but I got a common sized washers at Lowes, took my stock mount to compare them with a washer size. Painted them flat black, you will need to stack a few of them together so they will flush with the fender.

I used Kury silver bullets (Mini) 3/8" with hollow bolts. I didn't cut the bolts but I think Clueless shortened his a little. The mod was easy. Once you take the seat and fender off you will see its easy. Can't remember for sure but I think you can slice the blue and orange wire, white one is for the lic plate.

I would advise painting the washers with a primer and then flat black, let them dry for plenty of time.

https://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=2305

Hope that helped. Clueless helped me with directions but I had to delete some of my inbox and don't have any pics to show you.

·
Super Moderator
4,476 Posts
Dave, nice style nacelles on those lights; what kind are they? Gotta name or link? Thx ..
Stonewheel, I can't remember the name of them because I've had them hanging around the garage for a year or so and I pulled them off another bike before I sold it. I got them off ebay and I remember seeing them not long ago. They are a little small than the Kuryakyn and they were half the cost. I also wanted to keep the back somewhat original for now and went with this type smaller bullet light. They are halogen so there is no problem with the load change and will flash correctly. They come with red or amber lenses but I used a set of mirror lenses I had hanging around and ground them down to fit in replacement so the whole lense now looks like chrome like the bullet until they flash. It is really a very bad photo with a lot of reflection so you can't pick up the lenses or the true look of the lights. I'll take a look on ebay to see if there still around.

·
Registered
358 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
as soon as I get mine on ill send u some pics,,i am using the stock housings with smoked lenses and a chrome cap,,amber in front and red in back. Thought the stuff was gonna be in today but i was wrong,,maybe tommorrow,,:D

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Grrrr, I ordered a 140 array... it's somewhere buried in my garage... Looking at those pics, need to find the damn thing... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Yeah, well were all tired of hearing you have it in a box somewhere...
how much energy does it take to rummage thru boxes?
Huh..

An I can see you rubbing your eye with your middle finger at me...lol

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Yeah, well were all tired of hearing you have it in a box somewhere...
how much energy does it take to rummage thru boxes?
Huh..

An I can see you rubbing your eye with your middle finger at me...lol
Yea, yea... I'll take a picture tonight so you can see 1 half of the garage full of boxes...

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Gary, I wouldn't a thought sticking washers in the holes would look good, but those look great :) Could I trouble you for whatever additional info Clueless sent your way on proper washer science :)?

Or you yourself Clueless if you read this ...
They were about 1.25 "in dia, I had to drill the center to fit the bolts thru and painted them w/bedliner (all I had) liked the texture w/done. Also had to drill out the square hole in the center of the stock bracket so the Kury bolts would go thru. I am changing them now to 1/2 inch chrome since I painted the black to match the fender and give it a Frenched in look. With the Kurys you have to have them on the bike , then wire them as the plugs won't go thru the bolts, I cut the plugs off the stockers and wired them to the Kurys, then pluged them back in.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for all the posts, gave me some good ideas that I've been wondering about lately.

TopsFury, really like yours the best, eliminates anything sticking out all together. Very sleek, wondering if I could get those front strips on your forks to be clear lights?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts