Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Orignially Posted This In The Louisinia Fury Owners Section With No Replies :( ... Lets See If The Rest Of The US Has Any Feed Back. :D

Hey Guys, Quick Question... How Many Of You Have Removed The Reflectors? Have The Police Or The Inspection Stations Giving You Any $hit For It? I Want To Remove Mine But I Am The One Who Will Get Busted... Wonder How Big A Ticket It Is... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I Orignially Posted This In The Louisinia Fury Owners Section With No Replies :( ... Lets See If The Rest Of The US Has Any Feed Back. :D

Hey Guys, Quick Question... How Many Of You Have Removed The Reflectors? Have The Police Or The Inspection Stations Giving You Any $hit For It? I Want To Remove Mine But I Am The One Who Will Get Busted... Wonder How Big A Ticket It Is... :rolleyes:
I think 90% of everyone on here has removed the reflectors and I have never heard of anyone getting into trouble for it.

Even if there are laws, I doubt the cops would ever notice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:mad: R.S. 32:305 Vehicles to be Equipped with Reflectors
Every motorcycle and every motor-driven cycle shall carry at least one reflector, meeting the requirments of this section, and every such reflector shall be be mounted on the vehicle at a height of not less than 20 inches nor more than 60 inches.:mad:

The Above Is How The Louisiana Law Reads... I Can Legally Take Off Any Set I Choose And Be With In The Law:D ... Maybe I Will Have To Come Up With A Tricked Out Reflector Since It Does Not State "Factory Equipped"...:rolleyes: Hear The Gears Turning?

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Every motorcycle and every motor-driven cycle shall carry at least one reflector, meeting the requirments of this section, and every such reflector shall be be mounted on the vehicle at a height of not less than 20 inches nor more than 60 inches.:mad:

The Above Is How The Louisiana Law Reads... I Can Legally Take Off Any Set I Choose And Be With In The Law:D ... Maybe I Will Have To Come Up With A Tricked Out Reflector Since It Does Not State "Factory Equipped"...:rolleyes: Hear The Gears Turning?
Most states require one on the rear of the bike, which would explain why LA law reads that way

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
In That Case... A Little Strip Of Refletive Tape On The Future Verticle Side Mount Should Cover The Requirments As Long As It Is Above The "20 Inch Mark" :rolleyes: :D
If you still have the stock license plate bracket....there's a reflector there. That could be your one reflector. It meets the requirements. Trash the other four :cool:

edit- Just read that you plan on getting a side mount lol

I think you'll be okay. If you ever get pulled over for it...say you were unaware of the law regarding the reflectors and they should let you off with a warning. Then you could do the reflective tape.

Again, you'll be fine without them.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
In That Case... A Little Strip Of Refletive Tape On The Future Verticle Side Mount Should Cover The Requirments As Long As It Is Above The "20 Inch Mark" :rolleyes: :D
IDK I haven't had issues, but it says one reflector and that is the only place that having A reflector could help.

·
Premium Member
13,703 Posts

1 license plate reflector bolt reflector should do it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you still have the stock license plate bracket....there's a reflector there. That could be your one reflector. It meets the recommendations. Trash the other four :cool:
Good Thinking... I Will Attempt This Later On This Evening Since It Is Supposed To Be Raining Like H3ll... Thats Why I Love This Forum, Quick Usefull Info...:D:cool:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I took my Motorcyle Saftey Training Class last weekend (a new Texas requirement) and the instructor was actually a Mckinney Motor Cop. I asked about the reflectors and the license plate and he said a non-led taillight (the stock one for us) is the reflector and meets the requirement for the reflector. He also said that plates can be vertical and side mounted with no issues and a reflector plate bolt will also meet the requirement.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey Wicked Ways, you might wanna check out Show Chrome's reflector covers. They are a quick and easy upgrade to your reflectors. They just stick to the reflectors with douple sided tape. I put a set on my rear reflectors and they look pretty good for only $15.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Wicked Ways, you might wanna check out Show Chrome's reflector covers. They are a quick and easy upgrade to your reflectors. They just stick to the reflectors with douple sided tape. I put a set on my rear reflectors and they look pretty good for only $15.
Thanks But I Am Pulling Them Off... It Is Legal To Do So, There Is No Reason To Keep Them... There Outa Here

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Thanks But I Am Pulling Them Off... It Is Legal To Do So, There Is No Reason To Keep Them... There Outa Here
i'm thinking of taking mine off. but, since the bike was such a big investment i want to re-use them in some way--oh, I know...I'll stick them on the wife's ride!!

·
Registered
427 Posts
nope havent been busted since I traded in the CBR, no tickets on the Fury yet, knock on wood

1 - 15 of 15 Posts