Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
dental floss sounds better than the old shirt that i used. it was hard but it came off. I also removed the reflector from the back Licence plate holder. drilled 2 holes in my plate an mounted it as high as it would go. Shows off that good sized back tire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Double Sided tape holds it on. Dental floss is a good idea... in AZ, I'll just leave it outside and it'll practically fall off :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
nope. haven't received my bike yet, but i took a look at the floor model. This will be my first "mod" to the bike :cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok here is how i did it. My daughter heating up both inside of the fender and the reflector while i was pulling back on the reflector with dental floss. Cleaned the glue off with bug removal gel soap.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Took all of my reflectors off yesterday. Like I said earlier, this is AZ so it was over 100 degrees outside. Pulled it in my garage, tugged on the reflectors and they popped off, a slight residue was left on the bike which was removed with some WD-40 on a lint free cloth. Applied a coat of wax and it was smooth as butter... I didn't stop there though. I removed the Honda badge on the chrome covers, the sticker on the rear fender, the sticker on the tank, both stickers on the swing arm, and the sticker below the vin sticker on the frame.

IMO, it looks soo much cleaner. Next on the list to finalize the de-badge process is new covers without the Honda engraving and hopefully an aftermarket triple tree clamps :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why does everybody want to remove any and all Honda badging from their Honda motorcycle? Are you people scared Harley riders are gonna pick on you or what? Harley owners want everything on their bikes to scream HD. Why not be proud to be riding a reliable quality motorcycle and let everybody know it's a Honda?:D

·
Premium Member
518 Posts
Why does everybody want to remove any and all Honda badging from their Honda motorcycle? Are you people scared Harley riders are gonna pick on you or what? Harley owners want everything on their bikes to scream HD. Why not be proud to be riding a reliable quality motorcycle and let everybody know it's a Honda?:D
I will be keeping all my Honda badges... that's why I bought a Honda, to ride a Honda.

I will ride chin up next to my brother sporting his Chopped out HD. <<< dude has a tight Hog btw :p or anyone else with a Hog or any other make. Besides.... it's not what you ride that matters.... its how well you ride it that counts.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
It's not that at all. I do it to all of my vehicles. It gives a nice clean look, also psycs people out when they ask "what kind of bike is it" and I reply it's a Honda :D The look on their face is priceless :eek:

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have picked up some DOT Trailer reflective tape. I plan on making reflectors to put on my forks that will not be that noticeable during daylight hours and will not be as ugly as the ones Honda chose. I will post pics with my final product.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I like the clean look. The bike looks so much better without the reflectors and Honda badging. Here is mine.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Chopped the bikes looks good. Although i am glad that i got the black one instead of waiting for the matte. Its just not what i expected.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Black looks good to, but I really like the black wheels that come on the Matte.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think they would look good on my black one. I like all of the colors just the black and matte jumped out at me back in feb when i first discovered the Fury.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts