Honda Fury Forums: banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any sound advice, steps, pictures, of how they went about getting rid of all the factory license plate bracket stuff?? I have the accutronix side mount and wanted to throw out this question before I go chopping stuff up.. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Eric:
I've done a couple now.
1) Remove the seat, fender, and the taillight assem.
2) I used a hacksaw to cut the hollow pipe making the V for the license plate mount.
3) I found the easiest is to cut the plastic even below the factory license plate light.
4. I removed the license light assem, then moved the reflector up to where the light was. It's your call if you want to even it out below the brake light or not.

Wiring:
The white connector is the license plate light wire.
Green with silver dots = ground (Black on Accutronics)
run the wire down and around the fender frame underneath the swing arm.
I recommend hitting up Home Depot or ACE hardware for these plastic stick on clips to adhere underneath the swing arm to secure the wires.
I used shrink wrap tubing to seal the wires together before slipping into the clips.

Example pic:
View attachment 2716 View attachment 2715

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i def want that little area gone, if they wouldnt have made the plastic jut out where the light is my life would be so much easier..

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Curious of any change in structural integrity that bracket V-frame offers? It's just odd that they went to such extraordinary lengths to well that tube/bar into the assembly that also supports the side running lights/turn-signals.

I have moved the reflector up to where the license plate light once existed. And, I Dremel'd off the ears that would've held the license plate. Now I'm left with a triangle pointing down and debating the cutting of that metal V-tube and the excess plastic ... or ... putting something on that plastic to hang behind the tire (e.g.: alligator tail).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Curious of any change in structural integrity that bracket V-frame offers? It's just odd that they went to such extraordinary lengths to well that tube/bar into the assembly that also supports the side running lights/turn-signals.

I have moved the reflector up to where the license plate light once existed. And, I Dremel'd off the ears that would've held the license plate. Now I'm left with a triangle pointing down and debating the cutting of that metal V-tube and the excess plastic ... or ... putting something on that plastic to hang behind the tire (e.g.: alligator tail).

That tube bar your referring to is hollow. I haven't noticed and structural integrity issue with it gone.. It's been off the bike almost a year now..

·
Registered
759 Posts
After the pipe is cut is anyone covering the ends so they don't rust?

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
After the pipe is cut is anyone covering the ends so they don't rust?
Clear outdoor caulk injected into the tube and then use your finger, after wetting, to mold some excess left out of the metal tube to fold over the ends that are most susceptible to rust.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts