Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know how to remove the gas tank? I have taken the 10mm bolt out from the back of the tank. It will move around but I cant figure out how to completely remove it

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
The front of the tank is held by rubber bumpers (on frame) that slide into grooves (on tank) if you have the bolt out of the rear, lift and pull back on rear of tank. There are 3 hoses and 1 electrical connection that have to be disconnected to lift it free. It is best if there is little/no fuel in tank, clamp the fuel and return lines then plug the fittings after removing hoses

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Does any one know how to remove the gas tank? I have taken the 10mm bolt out from the back of the tank. It will move around but I cant figure out how to completely remove it
There are two grooves in the tank that position into the mounting rubbers.
Lift the fuel tank by moving it rearward.

Per the Service Manual page 6-43

·
Registered
80 Posts
Definitely make sure your tank is empty, I took mine off when it was full I got gas everywhere, make sure you clamp the lines also, they will spray gas everywhere too, it sucks that I didnt ask before I took it off but I know now. It was much easier going back on though. lol :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts