Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed baffles and or drilled out baffles? Is there packing in there?

I have done alot of mods but wonder if this is a simple way to pump up the volume a tad bit.

Lastley I wonder if this also affects injection after small mods are made!?!

Please help me all the mechanical gurus on board!

Thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think a few people have done this and there are probably a different ways to do it. What I had done (before swapping the pipes all together) was simply shove a 22 mm drill bit up the end of each pipe and drilled out those annoying plates. I started with some smaller ones but that may not be necessary. The sound was improved a lot over stock. You could hear the bike and I didn't feel like I was riding a scooter any more. The nice thing about doing this is that it doesn't cost anything, you don't need to remove anything from the bike and it only takes a couple minutes. Good luck!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did this last weekend.. i used a 1/2" hole saw drilled the back of the muffler out where the 2 little holes are.. then i took the silencer part of the muffler off. if you look through that you can see this honey comb mess in the pipes.. i used a 1" hole saw and drilled those out. then look through the silencer and you will be able to see straight through it. be careful putting the silencer back on not to mess up the crush ring.. Pipes are alot louder. Hope that makes since.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I thought I would ask before I rip into my pristine baby!:)

This Fury is my first new bike all the others were used so I always pucker up when I think about change on the brand new bike.:eek:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I, like some of the others here just drilled the rear plugs out. I live in middle TN. so I'm at about 600ft above sea level, I added that in because I've heard some doing this and have some lean backfiring type issues, but I have had none what so ever, but I'm wondering if it may have something to do with air density where they live? Not sure. Anyway, what you'll get is a decent sound when you lay into the throttle, followed by a "damn where did the sound go" thought once you level the motor out. I like it and am glad I did it, this is my 1st brand new bike also so I feel what you mean by being hesitant do do anything rash to your new toy! Grab a bit and hog it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts