Honda Fury Forums: banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any tips/tricks on removing the front rotor? Also if anyone knows what size the front rotor bolt is? I know the rear is 32mm, not sure of the front.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Does anyone have any tips/tricks on removing the front rotor? Also if anyone knows what size the front rotor bolt is? I know the rear is 32mm, not sure of the front.
Are you talking AXLE bolt or ROTOR bolt ? The AXLE is 22mm, the ROTOR to the wheel is 6mm allen

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the axel bolt, Thanks much

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Jack the bike up and secure it. For the front, Loosen the left side pinch bolts, unbolt the axel from the left side , leave the bolt in with a few threads, loosen the right side pinch bolts, I use a rubber mallet to drive the axel to the right side , hitting the bolt head, remove the bolt from the left and pull the axle out to the right, hang onto the wheel as you pull/wiggle the axle out, the wheel/tire will drop down. Make sure you note which spacer goes on which side. (Right/ Left side is as you set on it)Do not touch the front brake lever while the wheel is off, or you will have to pry the pads apart to reinstall.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sweet thats what I needed to know, thanks alot

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Jack the bike up and secure it. For the front, Loosen the left side pinch bolts, unbolt the axel from the left side , leave the bolt in with a few threads, loosen the right side pinch bolts, I use a rubber mallet to drive the axel to the right side , hitting the bolt head, remove the bolt from the left and pull the axle out to the right, hang onto the wheel as you pull/wiggle the axle out, the wheel/tire will drop down. Make sure you note which spacer goes on which side. (Right/ Left side is as you set on it)Do not touch the front brake lever while the wheel is off, or you will have to pry the pads apart to reinstall.
Ok it is stupid question time...

Are the front wheel spacers different sizes from left to right? I didnt pay much attention when I took my front wheel off but everything lined back up on re-install so maybe I just go lucky.

·
Premium Member
2,560 Posts
Ok it is stupid question time...

Are the front wheel spacers different sizes from left to right? I didnt pay much attention when I took my front wheel off but everything lined back up on re-install so maybe I just go lucky.
Just looked it up, and they are the same on the Fury, most of the other Hondas are diff, so it is just a habit with me to seperate them left and right. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
No problem, you just had me worried for a minute but all is well now. Probably still a good idea since the wear pattern from the wheel seals on the spacers will be slightly different for left to right when the mileage gets higher.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts